Results 1 to 5 of 5

ls1,ls7 clutches

This is a discussion on ls1,ls7 clutches within the Manual Transmission forums, part of the Drivetrain category; can you put a ls7 clutch in a ls1 t56 tranny in a 2000 camaro...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    vermont
    Posts
    11

    black
    2000 camaro

    ls1,ls7 clutches

    can you put a ls7 clutch in a ls1 t56 tranny in a 2000 camaro

  2. #2
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Yes, you can put an LS7 clutch in a 98-02 F-Body.

    SDPC has it for $439 shipped, you have to call them to get the special pricing.

    http://www.sdparts.com/catalog/lsgen...eelClutch.aspx

    Thats for the LS7 clutch kit and the LS2 flywheel, they are meant to work together.

  3. #3
    no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,463

    Pewter
    2000 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Yes, you can put an LS7 clutch in a 98-02 F-Body.

    SDPC has it for $439 shipped, you have to call them to get the special pricing.

    http://www.sdparts.com/catalog/lsgen...eelClutch.aspx

    Thats for the LS7 clutch kit and the LS2 flywheel, they are meant to work together.
    wes, what clutch are you running? do you still have the stocker. i have a feeling mines on the way out and when i put the drag radials on so is the rear.
    anyway, whats your suggestion? i'll only need to hold about 480 lbs/ft. when its all said and done.

  4. #4
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    wes, what clutch are you running? do you still have the stocker. i have a feeling mines on the way out and when i put the drag radials on so is the rear.
    anyway, whats your suggestion? i'll only need to hold about 480 lbs/ft. when its all said and done.
    I'm actually still on a stock LS1 clutch, the owner before me replaced it about 10K miles before I bought the car.

    If you're going to have about 480 lb/ft of torque, I'd definitely go with the LS7 clutch out of all the GM clutches. However, you may want to also look into RAM clutches, lots of guys are happy with those as well. I think for the best driveability and longevity though, you can't beat the LS7. Since its a factory clutch, and must meet GM's durability requirements, so you know its going to last and be reliable.

  5. #5
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    LS1 land
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    I think for the best driveability and longevity though, you can't beat the LS7. Since its a factory clutch, and must meet GM's durability requirements, so you know its going to last and be reliable.
    thats why i went with the LS7. I'm so glad i did - i love it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Question: 3-4 clutches
    By 383ls6 in forum Automatic Transmission
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-21-2013, 06:18 PM
  2. Question: Spec clutches
    By Same ol Situation in forum Manual Transmission
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 07-22-2011, 04:49 PM
  3. Clutches!!
    By orangecrusht/a in forum Manual Transmission
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-10-2007, 01:31 PM
  4. Clutches
    By bazaz.j in forum Manual Transmission
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-25-2006, 08:28 AM
  5. ? about old school clutches
    By Zboner in forum Manual Transmission
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-19-2005, 06:32 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •