Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Loss Of Clutch Pressure

Hey guys, I have an 02 WS6 and whenever I really bang my gears 1-4 and then let off my clutch feels really sticky against the floor untill i let the car cool down for a few seconds. Is this normal? Everytime I race someone banging gears 1-4, and then stopping, my clutch feels completely different after words for a few seconds untill the pressure builds back up and the pedal feels normal again.

Any info is greatly appreciated Thanks!

RED
    01 Z28

I have the same problem, although mine seems to do it when I am pulling foreward and back as if I was parking. I have a spec stage 3 clutch. I have heard this can be from clutch wear if your fluid level rises. This is the first hyd. clutch I've ever owned. So I don't know much about them. Also the slave is incorporated into the throwought? bearing which is wrapped around the spindle. not an easy task. Does anyone know of aftermarket parts for the master, res, and bearing? Thanks for any help.

Navy
    2000 Z28 M6

Clutch Master Cylinder

I had something similar on my 2000 Z28 and took a new Clutch Master Cylinder to get it right. I had 42K when it went south. The 2001-2002 were suppose to have a better cylinder but still shows up on them. No bad on the $$$ but hell to install (in my case).

RED
    01 Z28

There is a soot like material in the fluid. This must be the piston, seal or cylinder wall of my master. Does anyone know if I can change it w/o pulling my tranny. I am about to move into a house w/ a 3-car garage but it will be some time before I have room to pull the trans. Also I have heard there are masters with larger bores that will be better for high hp (500) cars. Anybody used one with any good success? Thanks for any help. Additionally if anyone knows of any resources with detailed instructions on repair, bleeding or replacement of these systems I would greatly appreciate a direction in which to look. Thanks again. Mark
    Last edited by AirMarcus; 01-09-2007 at 08:35 AM.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

you can change the master w/o pulling the tranny. my car does the same thing if i race or stay at high rpm.

Navy
    2000 Z28 M6

Remove/Install Info

This is instruction for an aftermarket cylinder and drill mod. Same0 with GM remove/install. I didn't do the drill mod when I replaced with the later verision of GM replacement part. There is suppose to be no issues with the latter...of course mine doesn't go to the track.
    http://www.installuniversity.com/ins...r_cylinder.htm
    2000 Z28 M6, SLP Lid, SLP Bellows, SLP UD,
    P&P Maf, TB By-Pass, PS Shorties, LS6 Intake, FAST 78mm TB, Hooker CB, Hurst Billet, Front Tower Brace, small 218/218....527/527....114 cam.
    337rwhp/348rwtq

RED
    01 Z28

Great info! Thanks a lot. That is exactly what I was after. BTW I miss living in NC -Go Heels!

Thread Information