Pewter
    2000 Trans AM

LAst resort.. Clutch help?

First I'd like to thank you for taking the time to read this.. here is what's been happening.

Started it out with the slave leaking (what I was told) so I said let me change the clutch while I am at it.
    Replaced the clutch and slave. installed everything back was leaking still in the middle between the bell housing and the tranny again. replaced the O-ring on the master's plug and it appears to have stopped the leak because before the liquid would be completely empty the next day. I got some pressure on the clutch pedal but when i push it in and out it in first slowly let off the clutch the wheels don't move. could I have bled it wrong? I bought the monster clutch stage 2 with the speed bleeder. now I am stuck.. don't know what to do. going to check in a few days when I can go work on it again if the leaking completely stopped. if not any Ideas as to why it would still leak?

also, the battery has been disconnected for a few days and when I start it the car does not want to stay on is this normal as well. do I have to sit there for a few min keeping it on for it to stay on idle??

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

As far as the battery thing goes, yes, if the battery is disconnected, the computer needs to relearn the car. It takes a while for it to do that. You will need to keep it idling for a little bit. Usually a few minutes is all it takes, then the car will keep itself going. It needs to go through a certain amount of cycles before it is done learning the car.

Silver
    1999 Trans-Am, 2012 Sonic

How did you go about bleeding the clutch? I used a mighty vac on my clutch install and I'm so glad I did there were bubbles coming out for sometime until I got straight fluid. Got one off eBay and there is a sticky at the top of this form on how to use it
    99 Trans Am, SLP Lid, Blackwing filter, smooth bellow, Ported TB, LS6 intake, Ws6 lower ram air box, OBX LT's, Magna Flow cat back, LS7 clutch, Tick MC, Hurst Shifter, Frost Tune, UMI SFC,LAC, STB, PB, Torq Arm, Super Hawk hood, Torq Thrust II, Kee Audio.
    Strange S60 4:10's, D&S Rotors, S/S Brake Lines.
    Nitto NT05R Track Tire's, 12.7 @ 108 / 1.82 60'
    Wish list.
    Coil overs, Heads & Cam

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Quote Originally Posted by kingls1 View Post
    I used a mighty vac on my clutch install and I'm so glad I did.
    I feel the same way, but I try not to go on and on about it. I can get on a soapbox about it in a second, I swear. What an awesome little machine.

Pewter
    2000 Trans AM

So update I tried bleeding the clutch again and I literally took off the screw on the speed bleeder completely off and pumped it with a full reservoir and nothing comes out or it will spit out here and there.. I have the stock Master cylinder. people telling sounds like the master is not giving pressure and now that I think about it I was having Master Cylinder issues.. low engagement pedal, would stick to the floor etc... but I thought all this was due to the leaking fluid from the slave when it really may have been the master... :/ so I just ordered a Tick Master and hopefully that solves my problems.. keep you guys updated.

Silver

Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    I feel the same way, but I try not to go on and on about it. I can get on a soapbox about it in a second, I swear. What an awesome little machine.
    Not sure of your reply! Why don't you jump up on that soap box and explain!

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Quote Originally Posted by kingls1 View Post
    Not sure of your reply! Why don't you jump up on that soap box and explain!
    You asked for it. That is one sick piece of equipment. I can bleed a clutch from dry myself in less than twenty minutes. The ranger method can be done in less than ten minutes once around. 90% replacement in a half hour. This is all without having to spend one single second jacking the car up or taking wheels off. I have a hole cut in my tunnel right now. Want to know why? Because I didn't own a Mity-Vac until the day AFTER I cut that hole. Even Cutlass will tell you that traditional bleeding methods aren't as good as the Mity-Vac. He is a master mechanic. I haven't even gotten to the real reason that tool exists. Brakes. When I change the brake fluid, the hardest part is jacking the car up and taking the wheels off. I bleed farthest first, then move to the closest wheel. Then, I go back and forth and front and back. In less than an hour after the wheels are off. The tool is so easy to use, that when I service my fiance's van, I bleed her brakes too. My buddy says his clutch acts funny, I say bring it over, I can bleed that clutch in less time than it took to type this out. By myself. It is soo damned easy.

Silver

Damm Keith you weren't lying you were right on the edge and I pushed you over...
    Well said.
    Chris you made a good choice with the Tick they are a dam nice piece. Have a extra pair of hands when you install, can be done solo(I did) but it sure would have helped. Also there is a sticky at the top of the page with install info

Thread Information