silver & black
    2000 TA 1979 TA

I need a clutch HELP!!!!

Hey everyone, ive got alot of info off this site. just never posted. and i'd like to thank 4 da help. but to get to da point. I hav a 2000 trans am ws6=6 liter 408 stroker with 500-550 rwhp. and my center force clutch went out. it was a very drivable clutch. and that is what im lookin 4. since im not racin it and dumpin the clutch at 4 or 5000 rpm. but i would like it 2 b able to hold the hp. so if u can help, please let me kno what u best recommend. thanks.

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

With that kind of power i would look into the Spec Stage 3

there on sale at http://www.lmperformance.com/3479/1.html
    1999 Camaro SS/ Pewter/ #1775 - LS1 6-speed - Predator 3 Custom Tune - Pro 5.0 - LS7 Clutch - 3.90's - Koni's - Strano Springs and Sway Bars - SFC's - Full UMI Chassis and Suspension - LS6 Intake PnP TB - ARH LT's and Kitty Ran Away - Magnaflow.

12.6 at 112

http://www.fquick.com/Tyler_LS1

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

I would highly recommend you stay away from the Spec myself. For that kind of money you can get a McLeod. Which is a alot better clutch with a better warranty and you won't have any issues with it if there is ever a problem.
    http://www.mcleodind.com/product_guide.html
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Rally Red
    2002 Z28 Camaro

look for a new stock LS7 clutch from GM. I got one for my camaro and it is great. very driveable, but should have no problem with your h.p. output. It is also probably the best buy that you will find compared with aftermarket stuff like Spec and Centerforce. Oh, makesure that you replace the slave cylinder while its apart, if you don't, you will regret it later when it dumps fluid all over your new clutch and flywheel causing you to replace both.
    (<only the best smiley ever!)
    Last edited by cslascro; 03-17-2008 at 08:26 AM. Reason: typo

silver & black
    2000 TA 1979 TA

great,thanks guys. i had my eye on the ls7 clutch. just wasnt sure if it could hold the hp. it being a stock clutch, im sure its very driveable and should get more than 30,000 miles. unlike most aftermarket clutches. (ive heard)

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by nativetalon View Post
    great,thanks guys. i had my eye on the ls7 clutch. just wasnt sure if it could hold the hp. it being a stock clutch, im sure its very driveable and should get more than 30,000 miles. unlike most aftermarket clutches. (ive heard)
    I have heard that with some mods, the new Z06's have clutch grip problems, and with you pushing about the same hp or more, I would go with what lsxtuner said. I don't have any experience with them but I've heard the Textralia clutches are good as well...???

I personally have the ls7 kit, and it holds great for a pretty much stock car (cam/lts/ory coming soon) and I'm sure it will hold for my future mods.

silver & black
    2000 TA 1979 TA

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    I would highly recommend you stay away from the Spec myself. For that kind of money you can get a McLeod. Which is a alot better clutch with a better warranty and you won't have any issues with it if there is ever a problem.
    http://www.mcleodind.com/product_guide.html
    thanks bro,i went 2 the site u posted. but 4 some reason everytime i click 2 check out da clutches, IT SIGNS ME OFF DA NET!!! lol what kind of price am i looking at with that company? 4 da whole kit?

2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

I have a spec stage 4 with new billet flywheel and so far so good, I love it. found it for SC094 = 384.99
    SC75S = 209.99
    39.86 in shipping

silver & black
    2000 TA 1979 TA

Quote Originally Posted by Jays00ss View Post
    I have a spec stage 4 with new billet flywheel and so far so good, I love it. found it for SC094 = 384.99
    SC75S = 209.99
    39.86 in shipping
    thanks bro,what is da hp rating on it, and on ure car? how driveable is it? how long u had it?

2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

Quote Originally Posted by nativetalon View Post
    thanks bro,what is da hp rating on it, and on ure car? how driveable is it? how long u had it?

stage 4 - 700 ft lbs tq capacity - 3800 psi pressure plate
    Types of Driving: Drag, Drift, Road Race, Rallye, Pulling, Circle Track

For heavily modified engines or engines of any modification level being used in the above driving environments, where an instantaneous engagement and light weight are beneficial. Not street-friendly due to harsh engagement.

I just put mine in with a new Spec Flywheel 250 miles ago. I love it and there is no chatter. It does engage pretty firmly and make sure you do the drill mod if you do change to this clutch. Read my mods in my signature.

If you are unsure you can go with a Spec stage 3+. They are a little more street friendly but about $100 more.
    2000 SS Camaro Heads, Large cam, Fast 90, 9"w/430's and locker, yada yada yada... you get the picture

1971 SS ElCamino 402 Big Block 550HP

2006 Silverado 2500HD 496 cubic inches of pure muscle

Thread Information