NBM
    2000 Firehawk

Question Help with Clutch? Slave? Diagnosis???

OK ... relatively stock 00 Firehawk
    I'm driving to work the other day and waiting at a long redlight... Turns green and my shifter doesnt want to go into first... 3rd or 4th attempt it pops in..thought it was odd. Driving 2 miles down the road ready to turn into my office and attempt a down shift 4th to 3... wont go in... RPMS drop as I'm stopping in the road to turn.. and it pops into 1st eventually.

Drive home that night its fine.. 40 miles at 65 plus MPH (i was cautious and suspicious of it so I pretty much left it in gear the whole way with as little shifting as possible) Just the same it shifted fine... UNTIL.. I get 2 miles from home. Coming up on a turn and I can't downshift again Car rolls to about a 15mph roll and my RPM's are rock bottome with the clutch in.. finally i catch 2nd gear after attempting pretty much all of them.

Shift FINE to 3rd and 4th on the way up the street... Slowing to turn into my drive - again no downshift till RPM's are bottomed out... In driveway .. can not shift to 1st gear after mutliple attempts I pretty much forced it into gear (it stayed in no problem once in)... Same with Reverse when I had to move my car out of the way to get my truck out of the driveway.

So my question is... wtf is going on here.. this is nothing like when I lost my clutch in another car before.. before it just slipped when accelerating or the car would buck wildly seemingly not in gear all the way...

Totally clueless here guys - been a while since I've had time to tinker with my baby - getting married - so everything fun is on hold lol.

Is your pedal sticking to the floor or otherwise feel really weak?

It sounds like its perhaps not disengaging the clutch if thats the case its likely something hydraulic related.

sounds like air.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

i had this same problem... my clutch ended up being welded to the fly wheel...

NBM
    2000 Firehawk

Angry

Ok well turns out my clutch is toast.. took the cover off and pulled out a handful of shredded material (assuming part of the disc) Ordered up a new clutch and waiting on that to get here.

Thread Information