RED
    01 Z28

Finished master cylinder and drill mod.

I just buttoned everything up with the help of my 9 yr old daughter pumping the clutch pedal. That was great! She must have done an excellent job because the car shifts so much better you'd think it was a different car. Before I started the factory unit was fading and 3rd gear was impossible to hit at high rpm. Not any more. Shifts are as crisp if not better than the Z06 I was driving at a track in Nevada last year. I would advise this mod to anyone who wants to improve the shifting in any car that uses this system. I do not know how a new factory unit performs as I bought my car used, but I am happy with this setup so far. Today for the first time I roasted my tires in 2nd and broke em loose in third real easy.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by AirMarcus View Post
    I just buttoned everything up with the help of my 9 yr old daughter pumping the clutch pedal. That was great! She must have done an excellent job because the car shifts so much better you'd think it was a different car. Before I started the factory unit was fading and 3rd gear was impossible to hit at high rpm. Not any more. Shifts are as crisp if not better than the Z06 I was driving at a track in Nevada last year. I would advise this mod to anyone who wants to improve the shifting in any car that uses this system. I do not know how a new factory unit performs as I bought my car used, but I am happy with this setup so far. Today for the first time I roasted my tires in 2nd and broke em loose in third real easy.
    please post up pany links or pics you might have describing what you did. i have the issue sometimes when really getting on it. esp 2-3, feels like i have no clutch. thanks.
    2018 CTS-V: °°668rwhp/658rwtq°°
    2013 ZL1: °°590rwhp/576rwtq°°
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    please post up pany links or pics you might have describing what you did. i have the issue sometimes when really getting on it. esp 2-3, feels like i have no clutch. thanks.
    Heres the writeup on it from Install University:

http://www.installuniversity.com/ins...r_cylinder.htm

RED
    01 Z28

I used the directions at install university. Although I did not remove the lower dash pad. Also when installing the spring clip on the pedal mount I pushed the clip over a small open end wrench which spread it out enough to clear the post easily, then I just pulled the wrench straight down which left the clip in place. This helped because I did not have the room to get my whole hand in there. I did this procudure with the vehicle on ramps. When I bled the clutch the fluid could not run out. I put the end of a vacum line into the opening of the bleeder post oriented towards the back of the car and looped it around my subframe connecter so that it would not get caught under the wheel. Then had my daughter push the car off the ramps onto a level surface where the fluid ran out. I then blasted brake cleaner into the tube to help remove the brake fluid because I did not know if it could reach my disc. I figured this would be better than starting the car with all the fluid in there. In all it was easier to put back in than get out. Be sure to use dot3. Get the threaded flange MC-bolts go in from under dash instead of u-bolt, and do not be scared of this procudure. My smart kid and her dumb father pulled it off in 2 evenings after homework.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

great, thanks guys!

Thread Information