Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Feed Back On LS7 Clutch?

This is a discussion on Feed Back On LS7 Clutch? within the Manual Transmission forums, part of the Drivetrain category; Everyone has been raving about the LS7 clutch so save your self some money and go with the LS7!!! I ...

Collectors Edition Yellow
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM WS6

Everyone has been raving about the LS7 clutch so save your self some money and go with the LS7!!! I am!

White
    1999 WS6 Trans am

LS7 clutch

I was doing research on the corvette forums. They dont seem to hold much reguards to the ls7 clutch. Especially if over 400 horsepower. Check around. I think it was corvetteforum.com
    Lug

Quote Originally Posted by LUGNUTT View Post
    I was doing research on the corvette forums. They dont seem to hold much reguards to the ls7 clutch. Especially if over 400 horsepower. Check around. I think it was corvetteforum.com
    Lug
    hmm really... i gotta check now cuz i dont wanna waste my money and buy a brand new clutch if is its gunna hold at least 550-600 to satisfy my future NA mods....and then some....

ASC #753
    2002 Collector's Edition

Another bit, I read the argument about replacing the slave and I agree while you are in there go ahead and replace it. Mine took a crap after a clutch install and about 2 months later I ended up having to replace the clutch again and resurface the flywheel. That was over $770 plus maintenance cost wasted on a SPEC 3+. Coulda saved a lot of money by spending $65 on a new slave to begin with. And yes it was an 02 slave to begin with.

And if your future plans lie around the 600+ RWHP, then there is NO such thing as a cheap clutch. You will prolly be better off buying a twin disc, McLeod, TEX, EXODY, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by TACE02 View Post
    Another bit, I read the argument about replacing the slave and I agree while you are in there go ahead and replace it. Mine took a crap after a clutch install and about 2 months later I ended up having to replace the clutch again and resurface the flywheel. That was over $770 plus maintenance cost wasted on a SPEC 3+. Coulda saved a lot of money by spending $65 on a new slave to begin with. And yes it was an 02 slave to begin with.

And if your future plans lie around the 600+ RWHP, then there is NO such thing as a cheap clutch. You will prolly be better off buying a twin disc, McLeod, TEX, EXODY, etc.

Nice car first of hehe..... Now i know to replace my slave...And i do plan on over 600RWHP but not soon so if the LS7 will hold my 500RWHP (after all the mods) then i'll just get that (with the new slave hehe) so i can save some money then when i get the S/C i'll switch clutches

ASC #753
    2002 Collector's Edition

Thanks like your car too...haha, and good luck with the setup you choose to go with.

Quote Originally Posted by TACE02 View Post
    Thanks like your car too...haha, and good luck with the setup you choose to go with.
    Thanks man lol...Hopefully the setup will work as expected!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information