More dreams than money... Cobra Killer's Avatar

White
    99 Z-28

Drivetrain Problem

The other day something started squeeling almost grinding only when I touch the pedal. Doesnt do it when I am coasting in gear or when in nuetral coasting. Then I noticed that it began jerking from 1000 to 2000 rpm no matter how easy I am accelerating. Even does it when I am slowing down in gear, hits 2000 starts jerking. Now it has started banging and clunking at randomn times. I still cant figure out where it is coming from. Are any of these tell tale signs of my 10 bolt going out? At first I thought clutch but it doesnt slip or anything. I pray it isnt my Tremec as that would be spendy... Anyone had these problems?

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Others will chime in, but the clutch is the part of that system that is designed to wear out. I would start there. Wait, and see what the others say.

White
    99 Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    Others will chime in, but the clutch is the part of that system that is designed to wear out. I would start there. Wait, and see what the others say.
    I would agree 9 times outta 10, I hope your right. But this just is too weird. I have went through clutches. Think I am gonna jack it up tomorrow and see what happens. Any pointers still very much appreciated.

White
    99 Z-28

Bump
    Wooderson (Dazed and Confused) "Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, all right. We got 4:11 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some fkin' muscle."

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Killer View Post
    The other day something started squeeling almost grinding only when I touch the pedal.
    Which pedal? If its the clutch pedal then your throwout bearing might be the casue of your noises

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    Which pedal? If its the clutch pedal then your throwout bearing might be the casue of your noises
    Agreed. A squeeling sound definitely leans me to believe it could be the throwout bearing.

White
    99 Z-28

Its the gas pedal actually... Only squeels when there is a load on the engine. Lately after driving a little more I have noticed a humming coming from what sounds like the rear of the vehicle. I think the 10 bolts going out. Especially since I got the Mickeys and havent been easy on the rearend. I also noticed how much the shifter has been moving up and down from the tranny going up and down during the lunging. Hope you understand what I am saying.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

If your car makes any sort of noise in neutral at a stop it's the motor, if it does it in neutral moving it is either motor or rear end, if it does it only when trans is engaged then-well you see where I am going.

Thread Information