silver
    1997 trans am

cluth problem??? transmission problem???? please HELP!!!

I have a 97 trans am aftermarket stage two clutch,I don't know what's going on. my trans is shifting fine but once in gear and this is through every single gear when I get on it real hard is just redlines IN GEAR! it feel almost like the tires are spinning in the back and I have hardly ANY acceleration. is this a transmission problem? or clutch problem? my clutch has been acting weird every time I let of the clutch and drive it smells like a burning clutch smell but I'm not burning my clutch trust me. something is wrong, please someone tell me what they think this is.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Sounds like the clutch is too loose. You have to look at what you installed. Did you surface the flywheel? Did you install a spacer? Did you get the right clutch?

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    Sounds like the clutch is too loose. You have to look at what you installed. Did you surface the flywheel? Did you install a spacer? Did you get the right clutch?
    What do you mean by too loose? If he torqued everything down it should be loose on the flywheel and if it was would make some awful noise. Op said in another thread he resurfaced the flywheel. Also apparently has 7k on the clutch so it should be the right one. A slave shim or spacer would only cause issues with it disengaging as it wouldnt push the PP far enough in. OP says its a spec unit which are known to sometimes have issues, clutch is slipping plain and simple. whether its caused by a bad PP failing disk or flywheel is something hes going to have to pull the tranny and see

silver
    1997 trans am

yea my clutch is slipping bad, coleman taylor is gonna pull out the trans and see what's wrong but the thing is i wanna know if it could be slipping for a simple reason like alignment or a bearing. or if i need the whole clutch replaced and resurfaced flywheel

Thread Information