Black
    1996 Trans am

Question Clutch problem maybe???? I DONT KNOW!!

ok well heres the deal i have a 96 trans am 6 speed, and about 2 weeks ago i was driving in 5th gear and gave it some gas and it reved up real high and kinda started going fast slowly and acted like it was slipping, well it didnt do it until a week later in 2nd gear. So i went to the track and dragged race and when i took off it reved up real high and took a second to take off and i used to be able to scratch all the way through 4 gear but it doesnt even scratch anymore and when i was racing every gear acted like it took a second to get up and go but was reved up pretty high and then would grab eventually and take off, but it got to where it wont even scratch the gear anymore whenever i popped the clutch out....so what could it be? clutch? pressure plate? i have never done one before so i was just needing to know what to do or whatever!! so please let me know

black
    2002 WS6

well chances are, with the beating you have given the slipping clutch you will need a new clutch, pressure plate and flywheel.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Orcus79 View Post
    well chances are, with the beating you have given the slipping clutch you will need a new clutch, pressure plate and flywheel.
    x2
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Quote Originally Posted by Orcus79 View Post
    x3

Black
    1996 Trans am

ok so where would i get a clutch kit at? not something to expensive cause im on a low budget , over worked and under paid ya know lol but should i go back with stock? the car doesnt have to much done to it so please let me know
    thanks for the help
    also how hard is it to do a clutc?

black
    2002 WS6

Cheapest kit I know of is the LS7 kit. AS for difficulty I would put it up there with moderate and a need of a bit more then basic hand tools as you have to drop the trans to do it. Other then that its not to bad. Other things that should be done while in there is replace the rear main seal on the engine, the front seal on the tranny, the throw out bearing, the slave cylinder and flush the system. I would say expect it all to take the better part of day if you have never done it before. one important tool to have is a clutch alingment tool.

Black
    1996 Trans am

well i am not sure if there is anyone who would help cause most of my friends are not mechanically inclined more retardation inclined lol but i am just gonna have a guy i know to do it for me probably for 300 bucks!! so what comes with the lt4 clutch kit at oriellys? throw out bearing or what? does it come with a flywheel?

Thread Information