Clutch pedal sticky? Car stalls..

This is a discussion on Clutch pedal sticky? Car stalls.. within the Manual Transmission forums, part of the Drivetrain category; My car stalled the other day rather oddly. I was at a light waiting for it to turn green. I ...

Clutch pedal sticky? Car stalls..

My car stalled the other day rather oddly. I was at a light waiting for it to turn green. I had my clutch in and first gear was ready. Well, the car shook like a mofo then died. When I went to turn it back on, I hardly could get it out of first.

Now when I drive to work, my clutch pedal sticks to the floor. I have to 'toe' it back into normal position.

Today on the way to work, I was driving normally, but as I shifted through the gears, I couldnt get it out of 3rd to go into 4th. UNLESS, I re-engaged the clutch, which involved me 'toeing' it back up to starting position.

Basically, I have NO idea what is what is exactly messed up. Is it the clutch? Is it something to do with the pedal and its connection to the actual clutch? What parts do I buy? How much is it to fix it?

Help.

Thankx.
    99 T/A M6
    LS6 intake, Hooker Coated Long Tubes, Y-pipe w/1 carsound cat, Hooker Catback, MTi Clear Lid, FRA w/ Holley Power Shot, ASP crank pulley, 1.8 RRs, 3.73s w/TA girdle & Eaton Differential, Granatelli SFCs, Pro 5.0 Shifter, LS6 Clutch, Diablo, TByrnes Maf Ends (in winter), All the Free Mods

Pewter
    99 Z28

Check "Sticking Clutch Pedal Write Up" for information I believe would be helpful to your problem.

P.S. I had this problem briefly last week and it was what you seem to be describing (lack of fluid pressure)

Yeah I just noticed the sticky and began to read it. The symptoms are exactly as mine.

I hate to sound like a fool, but I really need step by step instructions. The sticky explains why this happens and how to do it, but with my expertise, I need pics to go with each steps (kind of like installuniversity).

Thread Information