Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Clutch pedal sticking to the floor.

This is a discussion on Clutch pedal sticking to the floor. within the Manual Transmission forums, part of the Drivetrain category; Man, this an old thread. We discussed more on this somewhere else around here. Just after I noticed my problem ...

Silver & Black
    99 Camaro SS

Man, this an old thread. We discussed more on this somewhere else around here.

Just after I noticed my problem I changed everything. New Money...Alum Spec 3 Clutch, Salve Cyl, Alum Fly Wheel, and a Carbon Fiber Drv Shaft. I just flushed and cleaned the Master it looked fine. Clutching is great. But I think I bent my forks up a bit while driving with the bad slave cylinder.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 SS Camaro

wow
    Last edited by Blue Thunder 42; 04-05-2010 at 02:26 AM.

NAVY BLUE METALLIC
    1999 FORMULA M6 HARD TOP

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder 42 View Post
    This is what mine is still doing and I put in a McLeod MC, did the drill mod. While my trans was getting rebuilt I told them to change out the slave, which they charged me for. But it's the only thing I think it could be, I put in a z06 clutch from SLP, and a SLP lightened flywheel and didn't change out the slave back in 2007, should have changed it out then. Because the problem started happening at the 1/4 mile track not long after the new clutch and flywheel.
    Have you changed your master cylinder yet? If not, try that, it was only around $110. but you can get one for $69 at autozone. I saw my master cylinder and it was going bad too. I guess from driving with a messed up slave cylinder for 2 years. Hopefully that works. Keep us posted. Good luck

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

mines doing the same thing....last night i developed a visible leak from the bell housing.

when i pump the pedal, it drips a few times....so yeah...time for a new slave

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 SS Camaro

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blue Thunder 42
    This is what mine is still doing and I put in a McLeod MC, did the drill mod. While my trans was getting rebuilt I told them to change out the slave, which they charged me for. But it's the only thing I think it could be, I put in a z06 clutch from SLP, and a SLP lightened flywheel and didn't change out the slave back in 2007, should have changed it out then. Because the problem started happening at the 1/4 mile track not long after the new clutch and flywheel.

Have you changed your master cylinder yet? If not, try that, it was only around $110. but you can get one for $69 at autozone. I saw my master cylinder and it was going bad too. I guess from driving with a messed up slave cylinder for 2 years. Hopefully that works. Keep us posted. Good luck

Hey Knight721 right at the beginning I stated I put in a McLeod Master Cylinder just didn't spell out MC. Sorry I wish it was that easy. I really think they charged me for the slave cylinder and didn't change it out, only thing left. Unless it's this air gap issue, or maybe the new clutch not strong enough, but it doesn't slip.
    Last edited by Blue Thunder 42; 03-14-2010 at 05:07 PM.

NAVY BLUE METALLIC
    1999 FORMULA M6 HARD TOP

If you changed your MC and your Slave cylinder you shouldn't have that problem. I think you might be right. They probably did not change the slave cylinder. Have some else check it. I know how frustrated I was with my clutch. It was bugging the hell out of me. Good luck brother.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by knight721 View Post
    If you changed your MC and your Slave cylinder you shouldn't have that problem. I think you might be right. They probably did not change the slave cylinder. Have some else check it. I know how frustrated I was with my clutch. It was bugging the hell out of me. Good luck brother.
    Hey I'm from Chesapeake Va, it's my hometown. Can I get your mechanics number? Get that damn slave cylinder replaced for real for a good price.
    Last edited by Blue Thunder 42; 03-20-2010 at 08:30 PM.

NAVY BLUE METALLIC
    1999 FORMULA M6 HARD TOP

hey Bro, My Transmition just won't shift into gear. I gotta call Kevin tomorrow and ask him what's up. It was getting harder and harder to shift and now when I got home I could not get it to shift. Did he fix your car?
    R,
    Jose
    KNIGHT X
    99 FORMULA M6 HT

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 SS Camaro

I haven't made it down to Chesapeake in the Camaro yet. I can drive mine 80percent of WOT all day no issues which is plenty of fun in most cases. So I'm still trying to live with the small issue.
    Sorry to hear yours isn't shifting again? Wonder if it's another slave? Have you put the McLeod master in yours? And the drill mod, fluid clean?

NAVY BLUE METALLIC
    1999 FORMULA M6 HARD TOP

I don't remember which MC I used. Iknow I bought the parts one at the time ($ issue) But I have a good feeling pedal. I think I might of got a faulty SC. The fluid looked clean and everything seems ok. I bleed it and still not going in gears. I'll tow it today hopefully he can figure it out. It just pisses me off because I wanted to enjoy the car before I go on deployment.
    Do you go to the Haygood Shooping Cntr on Saturdays? Its a Muscle car hang out in Virginia beach.
    Last edited by knight721; 04-04-2010 at 12:20 PM.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by knight721 View Post
    I don't remember which MC I used. Iknow I bought the parts one at the time ($ issue) But I have a good feeling pedal. I think I might of got a faulty SC. The fluid looked clean and everything seems ok. I bleed it and still not going in gears. I'll tow it today hopefully he can figure it out. It just pisses me off because I wanted to enjoy the car before I go on deployment.
    Do you go to the Haygood Shooping Cntr on Saturdays? Its a Muscle car hang out in Virginia beach.
    Yeah I sure did, that's right near my grand parents house. Crazy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information