<b>"iznuthn"2 a BOSS!</B> IZNUTHN's Avatar
    Blog Entries

ONYX BLACK
    02 Z28

clutch pedal :gone:

hi, i'd like to know what you think happend to my clutch pedal droppin to the floor? well, the incident happened on the freeway after dusting my challenger. the guy had jus bought a trans am and pulls up next to me with intention to get burnt liike toast. a couple of hops n pops we both punch it and i'm two cars ahead of him. NOW, i slow down and drop it to fourth waiting for him-once in sight i floor it and at the same time my clutch pedal dives to the floor.

what can possibly be the problem? my car still was running but no way to switch the gears until i get to a gas station and slowing pull it out. Any ideas will be taking seriously and appreciated. thank you in advance.

Junior Member Acceleration Junky's Avatar

sunset metallic orange
    2002 Z28

Whats up man. What are your current mods? Does your clutch operate normally when you drive normal? As far as what could have happened is IMO your hydrolic fluid is probably shitty and needs to be flushed and the hydros bled and definitly do the drill mod, really. Or, either your master or slave cylinder is shot. First off, I would check the condition of your hydrolic fluid and the level. Then check under your car for leaks around where the trans meets the bellhousing (there is a small rectangular hole between the two) and where the hydro line plugs into the slave, also check your master cylinder inside and outside the car. If everything looks good and this only happens when you shift at high rpms, then seriously, do the drill mod. Do it.
    Last edited by Acceleration Junky; 10-05-2008 at 06:28 AM.

Blog Entries

ONYX BLACK
    02 Z28

Thats right, sorry, I forgot to mention thats what I did exactly hoping that I will have her running but after all that the fluid just ran straight thru the bellhousing to the floor. I'm guessing I damaged the release bearing or not?

Well, my tranny is rebuilt with all the goodies like steel 3-4 fork with bronze pads aswell as the others, and billet keys. SLP subframes(bolt-ons), strut tower brace, MAF, Cold Air Ram Air, FlowMaster Muffler, PowerProgrammer, RAM adjustable master slave cylinder, and RAM release bearing. I plan to put an LS7 clutch kit while im under there and hopefully its inexpensive. YANO

sunset metallic orange
    2002 Z28

If you have fluid coming out of that hole in the bellhousing then it is coming from the slave cylinder. I would pull the trans back a couple of inches and check it out. You probably need a new slave cylinder if the quick connect fitting is on properly and your bleeder valve is closed.

Blog Entries

ONYX BLACK
    02 Z28

how much are slave cylinders

sunset metallic orange
    2002 Z28

You can purchase one for around $125 plus shipping if you want a new GM slave cylinder. That comes with the throwout bearing or release bearing whatever you want to call it.

Pewter
    2000 Camaro SS (SLP)

if im driving my car hard...racing someone...my clutch will do the same thing. the clutch is right on the floor and seems like it takes about half the distance to push it in than when driving normal. it stays like that until i stop and pull it back out...

Pewter
    2000 Camaro SS (SLP)

Quote Originally Posted by Acceleration Junky View Post
    Whats up man. What are your current mods? Does your clutch operate normally when you drive normal? As far as what could have happened is IMO your hydrolic fluid is probably shitty and needs to be flushed and the hydros bled and definitly do the drill mod, really. Or, either your master or slave cylinder is shot. First off, I would check the condition of your hydrolic fluid and the level. Then check under your car for leaks around where the trans meets the bellhousing (there is a small rectangular hole between the two) and where the hydro line plugs into the slave, also check your master cylinder inside and outside the car. If everything looks good and this only happens when you shift at high rpms, then seriously, do the drill mod. Do it.
    what is the drill mod?

sunset metallic orange
    2002 Z28

There's a sticky at the top of this section titled "sticking clutch pedal write up". It can explain better than I can.

Thread Information