Thread: clutch master

clutch master

01 ss changing out the clutch master...the white plastic.piece on the quick connect where the steel braided line enters the slave is cracked all to piece and wont let the line out. Does the plastic.piece come on the line or the slave?? Also how can i get it.out without damaging the slave?? Appreciate the advice

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

You can get an aluminum set of tools made to disconnect fuel lines from any of the auto parts stores and use the closest size to pop the line off. I can't remember which side the plastic piece comes off with. I did use my fuel line set to push on the plastic piece cause it was all cracked too. Power built is the line of tools. I have a plastic set, and an aluminum set. Aluminum comes in 3/4 , 1/2, and 3/8. The plastic set comes in a whole slew of sizes. Hope this helps.

Yes ive got the set but the white plastic piece im supposed to push to disconnect the line from the slave is cracked all around it.im scared that if i get it out i wont be able to reuse the same line...new line at local advance store 160 bucks!!! Thats outrageos so im going to chevy place in the morning to c about getting just the quick connect pieces or the plastic piece

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

In my c5 the white quick disconnect tab was on the master side and replaced with the new unit.

quite an sob to remove too.

Yea i did a little research on it and came to the same conclusion!! Gonna be a real pain to get out of there. It does come out with the master and i checked on the price of that steel line and its 160 bucks at my local advance!!! Thats freaking crazy for a foot and half long line with a small connector!!! Im justworried that if i do get it out i wont be able to reuse the line and will.have to buy the new one thanks for the advice guys

Silver
    1999 Trans-Am, 2012 Sonic

The plastic is on the MC side. The new MC should come with a new line, at least my Tick mc did. I ordered a removel tool for $5 from Tick performance when I got my mc. I never want to do that job again so went with a high quality MC from tick, shifts are smooth as butter..
    99 Trans Am, SLP Lid, Blackwing filter, smooth bellow, Ported TB, LS6 intake, Ws6 lower ram air box, OBX LT's, Magna Flow cat back, LS7 clutch, Tick MC, Hurst Shifter, Frost Tune, UMI SFC,LAC, STB, PB, Torq Arm, Super Hawk hood, Torq Thrust II, Kee Audio.
    Strange S60 4:10's, D&S Rotors, S/S Brake Lines.
    Nitto NT05R Track Tire's, 12.7 @ 108 / 1.82 60'
    Wish list.
    Coil overs, Heads & Cam

Thread Information