Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

CLUTCH issues..

This is a discussion on CLUTCH issues.. within the Manual Transmission forums, part of the Drivetrain category; ok, well im still having issues with my 01 SS. It has a brand new slave cylinder, new fluid, drill ...

  1. #1
    Member foxman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    150

    black
    01 SS

    CLUTCH issues..

    ok, well im still having issues with my 01 SS. It has a brand new slave cylinder, new fluid, drill mod, and a spec clutch, now my problem is my clutch isnt getting pushed in fully.. i push the pedal to the floor, and i can rev car up, and it starts to roll forward.. and the can is still a pain in the butt, to get into gear.. is this a issue of needing to be bled better, or do i have to shim the slave cylinder to get it to fully apply clutch? any help would be great, and im probably pulling it all back this weekend to try to fix it again.. thanks

  2. #2
    Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Henryetta/Tulsa Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,483

    Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

    Sounds more like you need a new master as well...I went through ALL of that a couple years back.... where in OK you from?

    2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Wifey's Grocery Getter
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

  3. #3
    Member foxman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    150

    black
    01 SS

    i am 35 miles west of tulsa, in cleveland.. i am going to change the master as well, but i was thinking that it might be more then that.. who know's, ill change it out this weekend and see what happens.

  4. #4
    Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Henryetta/Tulsa Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,483

    Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by foxman92 View Post
    i am 35 miles west of tulsa, in cleveland.. i am going to change the master as well, but i was thinking that it might be more then that.. who know's, ill change it out this weekend and see what happens.
    Ah, I live 50 miles south of Tulsa in Henryetta/Dewar. I work in Tulsa...

    I had the exact same symptoms as you when I did my LS7 clutch, changed out the slave and all that jazz, and couldn't get the clutch to completely engage. I changed out my master for one at O'Reilly's and it didn't change anything...I then found out the NEW master was bad and had it replaced, everything has been fine since, and I drive 100+ miles a day to and from work, with plenty of stop and go. I would put money on that being your problem. I could be wrong, but I was right the last time a similar thread was brought up

  5. #5
    Member foxman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    150

    black
    01 SS

    well im going to give that a shot this friday, and hope i fix my problems, might be able to get it fixed and go cruise.. just curious, but you have just one flowmaster on your car right? how good does that sound? any video's of it? i have a borla catback and im wanting to do something different.. thanks

  6. #6
    Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Henryetta/Tulsa Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,483

    Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

    Yeah just one Flowmaster in basically the stock position. I'll trade ya lol j/k... Here's a couple fly by vids, it's all I have right now, sorry.




  7. #7
    Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Henryetta/Tulsa Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,483

    Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS



    Here's a decent shot of my setup. My car is stock ride height....needs to be lowered just a touch. I think some Strano Springs will do the trick

  8. #8
    Member foxman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    150

    black
    01 SS

    i was actually thinking about doing either true duals, with like a x pipe, or just run the off road y pipe, and put like a flowmaster, or mac, muffler where the resignator goes, and have it dumped underneath.. idk yet.. hey i might be able to make you a good deal on my borla catback if you really want it..

  9. #9
    Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Henryetta/Tulsa Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,483

    Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by foxman92 View Post
    i was actually thinking about doing either true duals, with like a x pipe, or just run the off road y pipe, and put like a flowmaster, or mac, muffler where the resignator goes, and have it dumped underneath.. idk yet.. hey i might be able to make you a good deal on my borla catback if you really want it..
    If I had the money, I'd take it. But right now the only things I'm spending money on for the car are new air filter and an oil change, both through Amsoil. The rest of my money is going to my bills and kids right now But go ahead and PM me a price, and maybe a photo or two, you never know when money might pop up out of thin air

  10. #10
    Your dealership guy konigandy6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Romeo, MI
    Posts
    6,557

    Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    If I had the money, I'd take it. But right now the only things I'm spending money on for the car are new air filter and an oil change, both through Amsoil. The rest of my money is going to my bills and kids right now But go ahead and PM me a price, and maybe a photo or two, you never know when money might pop up out of thin air
    Yeah Terry, speaking of money, I still owe you for that thing you did for me awhile back... at that once place, with that guy....

    Sorry, my TJEA past is coming out!

    I am actually contemplating dumping my SLP catback system for a true dual set up. If you have the money thats the way to go! I just have to pick out mufflers...

    2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - OEM

    2017 Silverado Z71 5.3 - OEM

    2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

    2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

  11. #11
    Member foxman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    150

    black
    01 SS

    yea i really like the sound of the mac pro dumps, but i just dont know if i can get them under the car without dragging them off..lol

  12. #12
    Member foxman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    150

    black
    01 SS

    well, i changed the master today, and it is still doing the same thing.. I can push the clutch to the floor and its hard to put into gear, i can hold it on the floor rev it up and it rolls foward when i have it in gear.. so the clutch isnt fully disengauging.. any help would be great thanks... im tired of messing with this car.. i just put a new slave,master, and done the drill mod.. ive bled it about 5 different times today, i pumped it up, gravity bled it, and used the vacumm pump.. and still no luck.. my car has a spec 3 in it.. any ideas?

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    tinley park il
    Posts
    26

    black
    99 trans am ws6 ram air

    did spec give you a metal shim to put under your slave cylinder i forgot to put mine in and had the same problems could still need some bleeding tho.....

  14. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    tinley park il
    Posts
    26

    black
    99 trans am ws6 ram air

    Quote Originally Posted by foxman92 View Post
    i was actually thinking about doing either true duals, with like a x pipe, or just run the off road y pipe, and put like a flowmaster, or mac, muffler where the resignator goes, and have it dumped underneath.. idk yet.. hey i might be able to make you a good deal on my borla catback if you really want it..
    i had an x pipe under my car when i first bought it. the drivers side was never designed to have a pipe under it so the previous shop just notched the tourque arm to make it fit. so now ive got long tubes with e cutouts custom y pipe and a glass pack dumped before the axle sounds awesome

  15. #15
    Member foxman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    150

    black
    01 SS

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckunit69 View Post
    did spec give you a metal shim to put under your slave cylinder i forgot to put mine in and had the same problems could still need some bleeding tho.....
    yes it has the little metal shim between slave, and tranny, itsl only like 1/8" thick though.. im going to get another master, i think thats my problem, i can hear it sucking air.. i think im going to end up buying texas speed true duals, with x pipe.. im doing my head swap this week, and i sure hope this master, fixes my shifting issue..

  16. #16
    Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Henryetta/Tulsa Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,483

    Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by foxman92 View Post
    yes it has the little metal shim between slave, and tranny, itsl only like 1/8" thick though.. im going to get another master, i think thats my problem, i can hear it sucking air.. i think im going to end up buying texas speed true duals, with x pipe.. im doing my head swap this week, and i sure hope this master, fixes my shifting issue..
    I ended up having to swap my new master for another as well...so that could definitely be the issue...seems like they are hit or miss, as I have known a few people to get new masters, then have to swap again because the new one doesn't work either.....

  17. #17
    Your dealership guy konigandy6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Romeo, MI
    Posts
    6,557

    Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    I ended up having to swap my new master for another as well...so that could definitely be the issue...seems like they are hit or miss, as I have known a few people to get new masters, then have to swap again because the new one doesn't work either.....
    +1
    I have never run into this problem myself, but a couple customers of ours had them replaced a couple times. Thank God for the Bclaim warranty!

  18. #18
    Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Henryetta/Tulsa Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,483

    Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    +1
    I have never run into this problem myself, but a couple customers of ours had them replaced a couple times. Thank God for the Bclaim warranty!
    Hi Andy

  19. #19
    Your dealership guy konigandy6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Romeo, MI
    Posts
    6,557

    Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    Hi Andy
    Terry, I'm just gonna come right out and say it. I miss you


  20. #20
    Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Henryetta/Tulsa Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,483

    Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    Terry, I'm just gonna come right out and say it. I miss you

    Next summer we're going to have to find a way to get you down here to float the river with us It's lots of fun, I'm sure some of the other OK members would like to join in as well I don't know if I could match Spazapalooza, but how can you not have fun with friends, cars, camping, water, rafts/canoes/kayaks, booze, and bottle rockets

    Foxman, you get a new master yet? How are the heads coming along?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Clutch issues
    By Tyjack17 in forum Manual Transmission
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-08-2015, 07:19 AM
  2. Clutch Issues
    By V8MUSCLE in forum Drivetrain
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-15-2014, 02:30 PM
  3. clutch hyd issues
    By werewolf in forum Manual Transmission
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-28-2011, 04:18 PM
  4. Clutch Issues
    By BirdCountry02 in forum Manual Transmission
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-30-2009, 06:32 PM
  5. Clutch issues
    By JattGunMan in forum Drivetrain
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-19-2009, 11:08 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •