Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

CLUTCH!!BAD CHATTER when pulling away from Stop!!!

This is a discussion on CLUTCH!!BAD CHATTER when pulling away from Stop!!! within the Manual Transmission forums, part of the Drivetrain category; Not sure. I've never seen just the discs for sale. Have you tried e-bay?...

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Not sure. I've never seen just the discs for sale. Have you tried e-bay?

Sunset metallic orange
    '01 Camaro SS

Yea, but still just the whole clutch kits for sale. They gotta some where! Well I think I'm just gonna give spec a call and just see. I'll let ya know tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The sound of your piss hitting the urinal.......yea it sounds feminine!

Blue Metallic
    2002 Pontiac TransAm WS6

So the job is done, thanks for all the replies. LS7 kit installed with new Slave. Car feels great. I will post pics!!

Quote Originally Posted by gigs02ws6 View Post
    So the job is done, thanks for all the replies. LS7 kit installed with new Slave. Car feels great. I will post pics!!
    good choice with the replacement and taking that spec out....good luck

Blue Metallic
    2002 Pontiac TransAm WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird-WS6 View Post
    good choice with the replacement and taking that spec out....good luck
    Yeah I'm 400miles in and loving it. The clutch pedal is even lighter than it was with the Spec, I had to double check it and bleed it again just to make sure I didn't leave any air bubbles in the master or slave.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Post up pics, I might try this by myself at the house, how long did it take you to do all of this?

Blue Metallic
    2002 Pontiac TransAm WS6

Not a hard job at all actually, I did it over several days since I took it apart then ordered parts and then put back together. All in all I would say It took me 8hrs all by myself of which the longest part was was getting the tranny lined up to slide all the way in while lying on my back. Can't seem to get pics uploaded sorry

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Not a hard job at all actually, I did it over several days since I took it apart then ordered parts and then put back together. All in all I would say It took me 8hrs all by myself of which the longest part was was getting the tranny lined up to slide all the way in while lying on my back. Can't seem to get pics uploaded sorry
    cool deal, I am thinking about trying this by myself I only have 2 days to do it so I dont wanna be stuck without my car cause something goes wrong lol. Did you use any specific manual to help you threw the process of changing all this stuff?

Blue Metallic
    2002 Pontiac TransAm WS6

Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    cool deal, I am thinking about trying this by myself I only have 2 days to do it so I dont wanna be stuck without my car cause something goes wrong lol. Did you use any specific manual to help you threw the process of changing all this stuff?
    I found the process on here, they were doing it on a camaro, but same thing. 2 full days should be plenty, especially if you already have the parts, I got them from shopfbparts.com. Like I said hardest thing was re-aligning tranny by myself, and getting the top tranny bolt on passenger side out. The New slave wasn't even a problem, I actually bled it before I put tranny back in!!

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

I found the process on here, they were doing it on a camaro, but same thing. 2 full days should be plenty, especially if you already have the parts, I got them from shopfbparts.com. Like I said hardest thing was re-aligning tranny by myself, and getting the top tranny bolt on passenger side out. The New slave wasn't even a problem, I actually bled it before I put tranny back in!!
    Ok cool I was just trying to figure out what was common problems, I am going to just start searching for a walk threw to make sure I dont screw anything up lol. And the tq specs for everything, just gotta get me a jack and some stands with a tq wrench to go with it only things I dont have dammit.

Blue Metallic
    2002 Pontiac TransAm WS6

Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    Ok cool I was just trying to figure out what was common problems, I am going to just start searching for a walk threw to make sure I dont screw anything up lol. And the tq specs for everything, just gotta get me a jack and some stands with a tq wrench to go with it only things I dont have dammit.
    and lots of extensions, need like almost a 3ft one for the top tranny to bellhousing bolts, The article on here tells you the tools needed. Sorry I don't have it with me, I'm at work

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

and lots of extensions, need like almost a 3ft one for the top tranny to bellhousing bolts, The article on here tells you the tools needed. Sorry I don't have it with me, I'm at work
    lol Yea I was reading threw it to get a good jist of what all was needed and when I read lots of extensions I had already figured that was coming lol. And I am at work also this place is so friggin boring I think I would die if I didnt have a computer lol.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

one sticking point for some people is getting the hydraulic line disconnected from the slave cylinder. Read up on that. You have to push the white collar into the slave fitting and then tug the line out.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    one sticking point for some people is getting the hydraulic line disconnected from the slave cylinder. Read up on that. You have to push the white collar into the slave fitting and then tug the line out.
    Yea I read that part like 4 or 5 times making sure I understood it which I am sure I will read threw that several more times before I get started on it, cause that part sounded a little confusing but I will be fine once I get to see what is going on and have that little site up on the comp.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information