Thread: Clutch Advice

Black
    2000 Z28

Clutch Advice

Well, I think my clutch is nearing the end of its days. I am trying to decide what to go with for the replacement. I have 400/400 at the wheels right now, and that is much more likely to go up quite a bit than it is to stay the same.

What is something that will be pretty drivable on the street, but will still handle it if I want to head to the track a few times a season? I've had the car at this power level for 3 years now, and I've never been able to give it a proper launch, because I'm still running the stock clutch. I do drive my car in some traffic, I live in middle of a town, so no avoiding it for at least a few miles, and I'd like to be able to still drive it to work on nice days. I'm willing to do my best to avoid stop and go type traffic...

I don't want to say money is no object, because well, if something is going to cost twice as much, I'm gonna need a reason to shell out, but if I'm doing something, I like to do it well.
    I have a website to help people out who are shopping for a new washer. I've taken the time to read through and summarize front load washer reviews for many models. Check it out if you are shopping for a new washer, hopefully it can help you out.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Textralia...RAM...Monster...Spec. In that order IMO. If you were lower HP/TQ goals I'd recommend the LS7 set-up, but since you mentioned higher HP numbers eventually, I'd stick with a proven mfg.

I have the Spec Stage 3+ which is rated at 850 lb-ft of torque. It has great engagement, feels just a little firmer than stock, and holds like a ...well it holds great. I haven't done any real hard launches at the track with it as my Nitto DR's won't allow me to, but it's never slipped thus far on take-offs and high RPM shifts.

BTW - you'll need some sticky tires with that clutch to get a good launch at the track. Slicks or Mickey Thompson DR's.

Black
    2000 Z28

Lots of people seem to recommend the Testrailia clutches, including the guy who put my car together, but I have yet to hear from someone who actually has one. They're a lot pricier than certainly a SPEC, so I wonder if they're really worth it.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Unfortunately, I don't know too many people here that have them. I've seen more people over on the "other" site

Thread Information