Blue
    2001 TA

Can"t get into gear

Here's the story, Spec 3+ worn out so I pull it out and replace with a Spec 2. Put it all back together and with car running, cannot get into gear. 1-R. Turn the car off, place in first gear, start car and it moves forward or reverse depending if it's in 1st or reverse. Did gravity bleeding and then reverse power bleeding. Still same issue. The slave, throwout are all new. The flywheel is aluminium and it has a brand new steel insert. Everything is new. The system was bled by a trans shop. I still cannot get the car to shift into gear from neutral when running. If the car is off, it shift into all gears with no problem. Any help would be appreciated. Oh, 2001 ls1 WS6 470 RWHP.

http://my.telegraph.co.uk
    Jeah

Can"t get into gear

Its pretty strange though. Yesterday, I was on my way home from work and when I got in the car all of a sudden I couldnt even shift into first with the car off.

So I still had 2nd and 4th and was able to pull out of the parking space in 2nd and was jsut using 2nd and 4th to get home.

So I stalled out at a light and it wa bit of a harsh, jerked stall. So I started my car back up and all of a sudden I was able to use all of my gears.

On top of that. 5th was hard to get into after I had replaced my TOB, Clutch and Pressure Plate but now it goes right in.

Did the jerking motion of the stall do something to realign hte gear box perhaps? Im not familiar with trannys so forgive the question if its dumb.

Thanks.

Black
    2000 trans am ws6

Ha i had the same problem, but it was two springs on my clutch that broke and also my master cylinder went out i got a new clutch and a new adjustble master clyinder from tick performance and the clutch was from competition clutch, now it shifts like butter, whats happening is your clutch aint fully disengaging when you push in your pedal!

Owning a 9 sec ricer is like coming out of the closest: at first you'll surprise everyone, but in the end you're still gay

Blue
    2001 TA

WHEW!!!

Well after I slammed my head into a brick Friggin wall, I read up more on this problem via this site and LS1tech and went with what some of you suggested. I changed the master and holy crap!!! I can now drive the car. Thanks everyone for your input and the threads on this topic. Hope you all never go through this crap.

Thread Information