Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Blown Slave Cylinder!

I have a blown slave cylinder. How do I get to it? Once I got the new one on, how do I prepare it for usage?

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    I have a blown slave cylinder. How do I get to it? Once I got the new one on, how do I prepare it for usage?
    Unfortunately you have to take out the tranny to get to it! Disconnect the quick connect steel braided line where it goes into the slave in the tranny. When your done installing bleed system using bleeder valve located above quick connect fitting.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Crap, well, at least I already got all the exhaust off, fluid drained, and bolts loose. I kind of suspected I had to take the tranny out. Will I need a clutch alignment tool to reinstall the tranny?

I will go ahead and do the drill mod while I got it apart, any idea what size drill tip I will need for the drill mod.

Also, for the drill mod, exactly where is that constriction located?

Thanks BlwnCamaro!

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Crap, well, at least I already got all the exhaust off, fluid drained, and bolts loose. I kind of suspected I had to take the tranny out. Will I need a clutch alignment tool to reinstall the tranny?

I will go ahead and do the drill mod while I got it apart, any idea what size drill tip I will need for the drill mod.

Thanks BlwnCamaro!
    If you don't take the clutch off you shoulnd'nt need a clutch alignment tool. I'm not sure which size the drill bit is but the restriction is in the steel braided line at the end that attaches to the master cylinder. You will see which size bit is need once you get it apart to make it the same size as the rest of the line which will give you more hydraulic volume ultimately resulting in the clutch disengaging faster during fast shifts. However if you take the line off at the master vs. just undoing the quick disconnect at the slave you will in my experience have to take out the master and bench bleed the master with the steel braided line on and install complete with the reservoir in order to do the final bleeding with the slave hooked up also. The problem is that once the system loses all pressure by dissassembling it is almost impossible to bleed. So if you only take off the quick connect at the slave you will retain pressure and it will be easy to bleed, but if you remove the line from the master to do the drill mod, you will end up having to bench bleed more than likely, thus having to remove the master. If you look at the new gm master from the dealer it comes with the steel line with quick connect already bench bleed because of this inherent problem with bleeding the system after being totally down. I aquired this information from fbody central after having consulted gm and mcloed and messing with mine for a week. Gm nor mcloed could give me the right info but fbody central did. So if you just do the slave it will be easy to bleed, but if you do the drill mod be prepared to remove the master and bench bleed. Good luck and peace.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Thanks dude! Awesome detail!

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Thanks dude! Awesome detail!
    no problem man good luck

navy blue metallic
    2000 camaro ss

Thanks BlwnCamaro!
    the drill bit is 1/8th. Resriction is where it connects to the tranny and must be drilled about 1 inch deep. After this you must flush the line to get all the metal shavings out.

navy blue metallic
    2000 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy View Post
    the drill bit is 1/8th. Resriction is where it connects to the tranny and must be drilled about 1 inch deep. After this you must flush the line to get all the metal shavings out.
    ps-Go to installuniversity.com they explain the whole process with photos

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Cool, thanks sonny.

Thread Information