Navy
    2000 Z28 M6

Anyone ever put Dexron VI in a T56?

I just read an article about the T56 and it said it was test rated to use Dexron VI, a new fluid developed to be more consistent in all temperature ranges. It said starting mid 2006, all new T56s will come filled with Dexron VI instead of III. Anyone else ever heard of this?

That is not true.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

This statement is false.

WHICH ONE? There is no T56 that ever came with the dex6.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

I think you mean Dexron IV, as in 4, not Dexron VI, as in 6

Since the T56 uses ATF, and Dexron IV is the latest verson of Dexron ATF, I'd imagine that all of the new T56's will use it.

Well as usual wesman you aren't as right as you think you are/ don't know of what you speak.
    I was not mistaken and,no ,its not a typo. The new oil is DEX VI( thats 6 in my book ) . While it may seem logical that the new oil would be IV , its not and you are mistaken. Also, again your logic is flawed on T56s using the new oil. Perhaps its because you really have no idea and guessed it ( my vote here). Why is it you posted? I do, in fact, know that the T56s will not use this oil.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 30thbird View Post
    Well as usual wesman you aren't as right as you think you are/ don't know of what you speak.
    I was not mistaken and,no ,its not a typo. The new oil is DEX VI( thats 6 in my book ) . While it may seem logical that the new oil would be IV , its not and you are mistaken. Also, again your logic is flawed on T56s using the new oil. Perhaps its because you really have no idea and guessed it ( my vote here). Why is it you posted? I do, in fact, know that the T56s will not use this oil.

You got some serious issues there buddy.

Unless you know what you're actually talking about (you don't), then stop addressing me, period.

addressing you? , hardly .Correcting you....again ,yes .It would seem that it is you who have the issues . Oh ,and you are not a buddy of mine. If you would not spew such mis information you would not get corrected.And its ironic you have elected yourself the"right one" .

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

addressing you? , hardly .Correcting you....again ,yes .It would seem that it is you who have the issues . Oh ,and you are not a buddy of mine. If you would not spew such mis information you would not get corrected.And its ironic you have elected yourself the"right one" .
    You are the one with the issues. Here's some advice -don't bother replying to my posts, or trying to correct me with your technicalities. You have no idea whats even going on, so stop acting like Mr. know-it-all.

Maybe you missed where I said "I think" and I believe" before my statements. Thats implys that I am not 100% sure, I am just making an educated guess.

Let me make it clear that I don't want to hear from you again.

lets all make clear: we don't want your uneducated guesses as anyone can spew mis information as you have. As to knowing whats going on? What we should consult you? What is it about being a counter schlub at a parts store that gives you the "know how". I'm a drivtrain engineer.

NBM
    99 TA

jesus.... both of you just calm the heck down... someone asked a simple question and you two have to bicker like 3 year olds

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

lets all make clear: we don't want your uneducated guesses as anyone can spew mis information as you have. As to knowing whats going on? What we should consult you? What is it about being a counter schlub at a parts store that gives you the "know how". I'm a drivtrain engineer.
    Lets make this clear for you - stop replying to my posts and stop addressing me.

You're not a "drivetrain engineer", you are a nobody, so save it for someone more gullible and who actually gives a shit.

Anyone who can't spell "drivetrain" right sure as hell isn't a "drivetrain engineer"

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

here's a thought. stick to the guy's question. that is all. don't bicker and poke at each other, period.

30thbird - you started this one with your snide comments at wesman. like wesman said, he said 'think' and imagine'. there was no definitive statement in wesman's post. so, next time, correct without the backlash.

anything more between you two past here and warnings go out.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Ok, the answer remains that there is no T56 sold with Dex 6 in it. There is no such thing as Dex 4
    Last edited by mrr23; 02-15-2007 at 06:22 PM. Reason: removed snide comment towards member

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

apparently, you didn't understand what i said. i'll repeat it, no snide under the breath comments at all.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

There is no such thing as Dex 4
    you are corect here. there are specs for it, just never implemented. there is a special T-IV for the toyota. the current dexron is dexron III (H).

Thread Information