Silver
    1999 Z/28

Adjustable Master Cylinder

Hi, I recently got my LS1 M6, and what really bothers me is the high disengagement of the clutch. So I read that an adjustable master cylinder is the way to cure that problem. I was looking at the McLeod model, but then I found a Ram Clutches one for about half the price. I'm not too well read on the different brands, and I didn't know if there was a big difference between the two brands. I don't know if the Ram one has to work with other Ram products and that explains the low price or what.

Sorry if this question has been posted a million times-- I really appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Same question...didn't find an answer by searching.

Thanks,
    Matt

Silver
    1999 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by matt100psi View Post
    Same question...didn't find an answer by searching.

Thanks,
    Matt
    I ended up buying the Ram-- it works with all of the stock stuff. Just needs a little adjustment every once in a while as the car will adjust to the height of the clutch.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Sweet, thanks for the follow-up, I just placed the order myself. Any special insight you can offer about the install compared to the write-up on installuniversity for the McLeod?

Thanks,
    Matt

Silver
    1999 Z/28

Don't know how much of a do-it-yourselfer you are, but personally if I was going to do it over again, I'd see if I could get a shop to do it for me... But if you are up for a battle, I'd just say to get ready to bruise your arm up a bit. I was doing the job on a '99 Camaro, and everything had just kinda glued itself in place, so there was just a lot of pulling at the cylinder without a bunch of room to do it. So patience was a definite virtue to have this done. Other than that, the one on Install University was exactly what I followed, and it did work.

Best of luck!
    Christopher

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Cool, thanks again.

Matt

Pewter
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Matt,
    I also installed the Mcleod adjustable master cylinder. Yes it will take a great deal of patience and a buddy. I changed my clutch to Textralia, new slave, and had my transmission rebuilt by T56Rebuild. My original problem was the transmission was jumping out of reverse while backing up shortly after I bought the car. I recently ran into a slight problem, my clutch pedal was not coming all the way back to the full upright position. The clutch return spring acted like it was not strong enough to pull it back those last two or three inches. I ended up having to back the rod end off (towards the rear of the car) 5 to 6 half turns. After getting that done the pedal wants to snap back into the full upright position. Also the spring clip that goes over the clutch shaft where the master cylinder attaches can be a real PITA. I found a long straight flat blade screw driver helped me tonight. Good luck with your install/repair.

Dave1970
    Dave1970
    SE Texas (High Island)
    2002 WS6 TA
    Strano Performance Sway Bars and Springs
    UMI Performance LCAs, PHB, Adj. TQ., drive shaft safety loop, & TA relocation bracket
    Koni SA shocks
    Textralia Clutch, T56Rebuilt Trans, Pro 5.0 shifter w/ Lou Short Stick, & McLeod adj. master cylinder

Thread Information