6m Trans Mount vibration

This is a discussion on 6m Trans Mount vibration within the Manual Transmission forums, part of the Drivetrain category; I have read all the past threads on this. I replaced my stock with a energy suspension. Vibration in every ...

Black
    1999 WS6

6m Trans Mount vibration

I have read all the past threads on this. I replaced my stock with a energy suspension. Vibration in every gear at 2k RPMs. Does anyone know where the vibration is coming from or causing it? Will it cause damage to any part of the engine or drive train? I will probably go back to stock if it does not show any improvement by the weekend. It's to noticeable for my liking. The only thing I will miss is when I bang the gears it sounds like a hammer slammed under the car with the stock mount.

White
    98 Trans AM

From what I have heard there does tend to be some that use a Energy Suspension poly mount that actually did go back to the stock due to noise and the much harsher feel. It should not harm any of the parts though. I have one in and don't mind it but as always a lot of it comes down to is it a daily driver or track car. If you drive all the time and it bothers you then go back to stock. Also, probably would have put this in the Drivetrain segment of the forum. Anyway, good luck.
    98 T/A: HPE 5.3 Heads, 238/242 113 cam, Kooks 1 7/8 stepped LT headers, Custom Y pipe, Cut out, Borla, NW 90MM TB, FAST 90MM Intake, TB Bypass, Under Drive Power steering and Crank, 150 Dry NOS, Yella Terra rockers, 3400 TC, HPE tuning,

Black
    1999 WS6

Swapped the mount back to stock. Smooth as silk. I don't get it though. I did this mod to my 95 FireHawk and 02 WS6 both 6sp cars with no vibration problem at all. What gives

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

did you put the metal plate in? if so, that adds more stiffness to the mount. take it out.

Black
    1999 WS6

Yea I had the metal plate in per the instructions. Would the vibration be any better with out the metal plate and would it damage the mount?

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

it's called a preload plate. this stiffens the poly mount. you'll notice two raised bumps in the poly mount where the plate goes. it compacts it. take the plate out. if it still transmits too much for your taste, then grind down the raised bumps until they are flat.

Black
    1999 WS6

I will give er a shot. Thanks

Thread Information