Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

3:73 or 4:10

This is a discussion on 3:73 or 4:10 within the Manual Transmission forums, part of the Drivetrain category; Hi Doc! My spreadsheet has a tab to let YOU choose the tire size, and then YOU input the gear ...

Austin, TX

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

Hi Doc!

My spreadsheet has a tab to let YOU choose the tire size, and then YOU input the gear ratios. Then YOU set the rpm and you get the speed.

If you want it, just PM me your email address and I'll send it. If you don't, I understand. Many people's spreadsheets are not too useful. Mine are. I try very hard to get "reusable solutions" to questions instead of a single situation solution.

I also have a tab with the "Hot Rod" drag racing formulas on it. They don't all agree with each other, but the equations are shown on the spreadsheet, and are used in Hot Rod Magazine for calculations, at least according to them in one issue.

Anyway, thanks for you posts. I can tell you are a serious car guy. I am serious too, but not well funded, so my 2002 Camaro SS is mostly stock so far, but I have better brakes, shocks, and shifter. Will do more as funds are available. Will have it paid for in about a year, and will do the "600 hp toy car" thing after that time, with chassis and handling coming first, engine last.
    Last edited by GregP; 12-28-2005 at 07:26 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information