Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yank ss3200

This is a discussion on Yank ss3200 within the Automatic Transmission forums, part of the Drivetrain category; Originally Posted by Durango I can't wait to get my car out with all the mods it should be fun ...

Red
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    I can't wait to get my car out with all the mods it should be fun In TO you guys have a lot less snow than in NB I tell ya I bought my car in about 30 min from Niagara falls :-) with 58000km
    Cool--Im not in TO--further south near Windsor (it was in the 50's today).

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    I'm seeing soe bad reviews on Yank converters and people saying they are switching to Vigilante an truth to that or just talk???????????????

Thanks for the support!!!! It was Mike at Yank that recommended the SS3200 and he said to go with 3:42 gears if I want to change gears and I think he said a 228 cam. Remember it' a daily diver I want to have fun with I go maybe twice a yer at the track and do like 5 runs each time
    Well you are going about it the right way. It's best to talk to these converter manufactures for best results. For a converter to work properly they usually need to know the weight of the car, rear gear, engine power curve if you've had it on a dyno, etc....and they'll build one to suit your combo.

I talked to 3 different manufactures on my 4th gen before I bought. Each one had a different stall speed and STR rating for the exact same combo. They all have their own way of going about it.
    Vigilante was the tightest recommendation of the bunch at the time. But I believe it would have performed just as well, knowing the stall number they throw out is just a ball park based off the combination. Some drive tighter, some looser.

Black
    BLK TA modded 12.2@113mph

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianGoat View Post
    Cool--Im not in TO--further south near Windsor (it was in the 50's today).
    Lucky bastard :-) I use to be in that area 4 to 5 times a year in meetings I went to different area's Richmond Hill at the Pioneer Electronic head office, Panasonic My uncle lived in Windsor I use to be a purchaser for an electronics company You guys have not much of a winter Have fun with your car!

hugger orange

My mom is from Edmunston, New Brunswick... Beautiful area up there. We used to go up there every summer and my parents still have the house up in the woods that my grandmother left my mom...I hope to make it back up there again here in the next year or two.
    Their house overlooks a lake and Green river

Black
    BLK TA modded 12.2@113mph

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    My mom is from Edmunston, New Brunswick... Beautiful area up there. We used to go up there every summer and my parents still have the house up in the woods that my grandmother left my mom...I hope to make it back up there again here in the next year or two.
    Their house overlooks a lake and Green river
    I'm about 4 hours from there great area !!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information