blk
    ?

will a t350-t400 bolt up with an lt1

i have a 94 firebird lt1 a4...tranny is shot and i want to put a danm good trans...will one of these transmissions work...they seem very strong and they are also very cheap to come by......thanks

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

yes, direct bolt in for a LT1 car. to use a TH350 in place of the 4L60E, you will need to get the one with a 9" tailhousing, so you don't need to get a different length driveshaft. TH400, you will need a different length driveshaft.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

blk
    ?

my trans guy told me something about how it wouldnt work because the 4l60e is all electric...but all i would need is the vac kick down and a aftermarket shifter.....and obviously trans crossmember......but i should just be able to set aside the wiring harness from the stock trans...correct.......

.also would the t350 be a better choice for my lt1...ive used t400 for bigblocks usually...the 400 is much larger also.....but power wize im going to be doing full top end and later build for n20............would the 350 be strong enuff

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

yes, it will work. you don't need a different shifter. you'll need to modify the cable bracket that mounts to the pan. if you use a 400, you'll need a different crossmember. hit up www.converter.cc (yank converters) for the conversion stuff.

blk
    ?

good info....on the conversion, now i need to decide 350 vs 400....hp loss vs the two..

.but im leaning towards the 350 for weight and size reasons....does any body see why a rebuilt t350 with shift kit and stall wouldn't hold around 425 rwhp or more.....

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

nope. i ran a TH350 in my 79 z28 for quite some time.

blk
    ?

awesome...this sound like a breeze...especially since a rebuilt t350 is almost half the price of a good 4l60e.....now that thats cleared up im back on the ball........
    oh one last thing..i promise....without the over drive...will this reduce my top speed or will it just make for a mileage decrease...in my m6 5th gear would get to about 155 and then 6th would actually slow her down.....

but 1/4 mile is what i want this for but i wouldnt want to be spanked by a rustang on the freeway because i run a three speed auto

white
    1995 camaro

what about the speedo , will it work?

Thread Information