white
    02 SS

What is the best bang for the buck for the 4l60E?

I have an 02 SS and was wondering what would be the best mod for my transmission? I have slight mods to the engine. They include long tubes, no cats, ngk plugs, taylor wires, maf screen delete, lid, k&n, and a custom street tune. The A4 feels as if it might be slipping a little bit. Also at slower speeds from 10 thru 20 mph when get on and off the gas I hear a clunk from the rearend. I'm just looking for a little help in these areas.
    Last edited by supersexy; 02-12-2008 at 06:42 PM.

White
    1998 Trans Am

Well, The rear is a ticking time bomb... I got the Beast Clutch Basket installed in my 4L60e with heavy duty clutches and it's been holding up great. I'm using a 4600 stall, but a 3600 is much more street freindly !

white
    02 SS

What would be your best advice for the stock 10 bolt? I am also running a stock cam so would I really want to run that high of a stall speed
    02 SS, Cammed and other shit!!!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

if the tranny is already slipping I'm not sure I'd put any money in it until you get that resolved. Maybe a performabuilt tranny is in your future. Talk to performabuilt on here, they're a sponsor.
    The clunk you hear could be from your u-joints instead of the actual rear. I personally wouldn't sink any money into the 10 bolt because it's on borrowed time from the day it was put in the car. A4 cars are easier on rears than m6 cars but the bottom line is once you start modding the car even in the a4 that rear becomes a liability. Any money you put into it now would be just throwing it away most likely. Save up for a 12 bolt.

White
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by supersexy View Post
    What would be your best advice for the stock 10 bolt? I am also running a stock cam so would I really want to run that high of a stall speed
    No good advice for the stock rear... I rebuilt mine 4 times, then finally went with a moser 12 bolt. Once you stall it, the rear wont take the launch hit to well.

Black
    99 SS

a TH400, lol

blue
    1998 trans am ws6

ive got almost the same mods subscribing for tips
    Built A4 with B&M Transpak shift kit, Hooker Lt's, 0RY, 4in cutout, Debaffled, K&N, SLP Lid, Bellows, p+p+descreened MAF,TB bypass, 180 degree Theromostat, AC removed, RP Trans fluid, oil, MSD 8.5 wires, Autolite Xtreme perf plugs, Nitto DR

Coming soon SFC, 373 gears, 96mm intake/96mm TB, Tune

Rally Red
    2001 Camaro B4C

I am poor so when mine started slipping i just put a transgo hd2 in it to keep it from slipping, it worked out pretty well no more slipage. but mine wasnt bad

white
    02 SS

What is the best shift kit for my a4? Also how hard are they to install? I've had numerous people tell me that the transgo kit is the best for the money.

Rally Red
    2001 Camaro B4C

Quote Originally Posted by supersexy View Post
    What is the best shift kit for my a4? Also how hard are they to install? I've had numerous people tell me that the transgo kit is the best for the money.
    Trans Go HD2, it is kind of difficult to install it took me like 8 hours in my driveway. But if you are careful and follow the instructions you should be ok i would think.

Dana
    How many miles on the unit? What is the condition is the fluid? Where is the slip occuring? What torque converter are you running here? What rear end gear ratio? If everything is in good working order, then the "modified" TransGo Performance Shift kit is the way to go. It offers smooth part throttle shifts, and firm WOT shifts.

white
    02 SS

Everything is stock and 3.23 gears. I can only really detect any slipping in the 1-2 shift. Of course that is the hardest hitting shift.

Thread Information