Thread: uh oh

Red
    2000 Trans Am

uh oh

So i was driving home tonight from a friends house since we couldnt find any Pong balls it wasnt worth stay the night. And about 3 miles before my house my motor suddenly started to rev high in 3 and 4.... I was like FUCK so i pretty much coasted/ided the rest of the way home. Checked the car and found no leaks. Tried Checking the Fluid but had a hard time seeing it on the dipstick, I mean the fluid should be pretty clean since its not that old. But anyways It didnt smell burned. Any Ideas what the fuck is wrong?

Worst Possible to to break EVER!!!!
    Last edited by SStriker; 08-02-2007 at 10:36 PM.

SOM
    2001 Z28 (Sara)

Your "Pong balls" maybe stuck in the throttle body

SteveC

Red
    2000 Trans Am

welp... pulled the pan. my 5000 mile old fluid is brown, and full of metal particals. There were also bigger specks in the pan aswell...

Racing Trans and 3600 stall is going to have to be bought way ahead of schedule

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Just had my tranny go out too. Bad part is I am trying to sell the car so thats money down the drain. Good luck bro. If you plan on buying a rebuilt stage 2 or 3 tranny from a online shop be careful. I was going to buy one myself untill I read about a guy who got 2 in a row that had problems and needed to be sent back. It wound up costing him 1000 bucks in labor and still had no tranny. I got mine rebuilt at a local shop that specializes in the 4l60e to avoid problems like that.

Red
    2000 Trans Am

TransPerformance.net is located in eastern maryland i believe. Little over a hour from me. Hes got stage 3 transmissions on ebay for 1600 or best Offer with 2 year warranty. I sent him a message to see if it would be possible for me to do local pickup. Might go with him just becuase he is close and the price isnt bad. Im also looking at a TCI SUPER STREET FIGHTER on Ebay.

Worse part for me is im unemployed and fixing up a 94 beamer to sell for someone. Looks like the money i make from the sale is going to my parents. I got to have my car back on the road before the 5th of next month i need to get emissions done

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

I would go with someone local-that way if a problem occures you can drive there and deal with them face to face. After the things I have read about getting ripped on ebay I am very leary about purchases over 100 bucks myself.

Thread Information