o4goatman

red
    04 gto A/T

transcooler install question

Hey guys, I am in process of installing B & M 24000 GVW transcooler. My questions is do I have to mount the front face of the transcooler front or can I mount the rear of the transcooler facing front? It is lot easier for me to mount the rear of the transcooler facing front ? if so will this affect the capability to cool the trans fluid at all ?

White
    1998 Trans Am

That should not make a difference, but where are you mounting it ? Usally, they mount in front of the radiator or AC condensor.

o4goatman

red
    04 gto A/T

I am mounting the transcooler on the power steering cooler bracket. Power steering bracket mounted on the center of lower tie bar & upper tie bar @ center of the lower front cover grill opening. The there is a pre drilled hole at the bottom of the bracket the bolts fits perfectly that came with the kit but i just have to either use the brackets at the top & modify it or i could just use wire ties to tie it around the opening of the cooler mounting holes to the transcooler bracket because the hole at the top on the transcooler is roughly 1/2" higher than the mounting hole on the transcooler.If anyone out there already has a transcooler installed, let me know how & where u mounted it.
    The only problem i have is the fittings that came with the kit to the transcooler line that is mounted at top of the radiator on the back of the radiator at the top is smaller & will not fit so i have to go to the autoparts store with the car & disconnect the cooler line to get the proper size to the cooler line fitting. If anyone know the size let me know today because am going to finish mounting it tomorrow.

Thread Information