Thread: Trans Gone?

Blue
    2001 WS6 TA

Trans Gone?

Not sure if its the 3500 TCI Stall or Trans thats bad. Installed TCI 2k ago. Car has 50k on it. Today car started to rev real high and not shift into gear,can also hear a whinning noise from the front of the vehicle when I put it in gear. Checked fluid and it smelled and looked burnt. Car ran great up untill today. Will a tranny go out that quick. 1st gear is ok it just revs real high before it shifts, Shifts slow and doesnt always downshift or upshift. Shounds like the trans huh? Were should I buy a new one? Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

either converter took a crap, or the front pump did. either way, the trans is coming out.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Blue
    2001 WS6 TA

Raptor 700E

Well I had to bite the bullet and bought a Raptor 700E transmission with a 2800 stall, they wont go any larger on the stall for some reason. I didnt get my moneys worth out of the 3500 TCI stall before I cooked the whole trans. The factory trans cooler just didnt cut it, also torque mngt had not been deleted. Expensive mistakes on my part! Stupid! Live and learn I guess. Car is in the shop now awaiting trans delivery. Also heads,MS4 cam,lifters,Fast 90/90 intake,pullie,dyno tune with TORQUE MNGT DELETE will be done at same time. Wont see the car for about 2 weeks. The trans was probably just a matter of time anyway as I will be close to 500Hp at the fly wheel after new mods.They are giving me a free trans cooler, will this be in addition to factory cooler or a replacement of factory cooler? I am clueless about this? Next thing to brake the 10bolt!

Black
    2005 GTO

Yes not running a aftermarket tranny cooler with a stall is a big mistake anytime you go above the stock stall you should always install an aftermarket cooler. Alot of guys will run the fluid throught the stock cooler in the radiator then through the aftermarket cooler. I assume thats what the shop will do but maybe not if you have a big enough aftermarket cooler.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    Yes not running a aftermarket tranny cooler with a stall is a big mistake anytime you go above the stock stall you should always install an aftermarket cooler.
    Huge mistake is correct

Heat kills auto trannies.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

Thread Information