Thread: Tranny Mount

Black
    2001 camaro ss #4168

Tranny Mount

Alright guys i am in need of some advice. My tranny mount was bad so my hubby replaced it with one of those poly ones for gm. It was vibrating really bad so i looked up one of the older forums on this and it said something about it being different in size by like an 1/8" and how the poly doesnt flex like the rubber. He took the plate out I'm assuming it wasnt necessary to be there and it made the vibrating go away but not completely. I am so disatisfied with this mount but the cheapest I could find the oem replacement was 77.00 and then shipping on top of that. I just feel like its not shifting properly now and its bothering me. Any suggestions or does any one know where i can get a stock one a little cheaper at least???? Please advise any advice would be greatly appreciated, it is an automatic if that info is necessary. Thanks guys!

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

Well yes it's the mount. What I did with my setup is I just used Polly motor mounts and a rubber advanced or autozone trans mount. I running a 383 LT1 with a built automatic that has a shift kit and good clutches so It can shift really hard. I don't feel it as bad though because I use the rubber. I have no vibrations from the trans at all except for when I blow it up lol. I do feel the engine a tad bit but not bad due to the thing being ballanced to perfection. If you race it or rip on it a lot then you just need to look for cracking in a rubber mount at about every oil change but for the most part if you are just DD'ing this car it should be fine for years.

Black
    2001 camaro ss #4168

Thanks, its just my DD so I dont need anything fancy. I want a stock one but they are so expensive since they became a dealer part. I cant stand the vibrations, I guess I'm gonna have to break down and just spend the money.

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

Check out Rock auto .com They have the mount in an AC Delco for 62 bucks but it has a 12 day delay for shipping. They also have an Anchor mount for 71bucks that ships in 2 days. I have an Anchor mount in my 97 with the 383 and it is holding up fine for now. Just got back from beating the piss out it and it ran Sooooo good. Smooth as well. only wibrations I have are from the exhaust and a tad from the polly engine mounts.

Thread Information