still hitting limiter on 2/3 shift after tune?

This is a discussion on still hitting limiter on 2/3 shift after tune? within the Automatic Transmission forums, part of the Drivetrain category; I had my car tuned about a month ago by a guy in ceres who uses efi livewire. The cars ...

white

still hitting limiter on 2/3 shift after tune?

I had my car tuned about a month ago by a guy in ceres who uses efi livewire. The cars running way better then it was but I'm still having problems. It needs to be tuned again because my front o2s were bad when I had him tune the car so he tuned all of them out until i could get new ones.
    I don't know whats done to the trans but I do know it has a tci 3000 stall. It usually hits the limiter on the 2/3 shift if I'm wot but will still shift after a second. I was thinking it was in the tune but it seams like its starting to slip in 1st to. Instead of just jumping to the stall like it used to do when I'm just rolling on the throttle it starts to grab then slips higher around 4000 but seams normal when i hit it. I'm thinking of having the trans flushed and hope it helps. Is it possible one of the shift solenoids is bad? and if so would a shop be able to test it or just change it and it might fix it?
    I took it to the track and ran a mid 13 but i was fighting traction bad and I was trapping between 101-102. my best 60 ft was 2.1 but most were 2.2-2.3

Red
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4

are you manually shifting your car? i know with mine i do run faster manually shifting it but my 1-2 shift is much faster than my 2-3 gear shift i need to pop it into drive(not over drive) sooner than i would need to going from 1-2

white

I just leave it in drive

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Sounds like the 2-3 shift mph and rpm need a little tweaking by the tuner.

white

Ill try that as soon as i can get ahold of him again. but is there anyway of telling if its the tune or the trans starting to go? I don't think its the the transmission but id hate to keep having the car tuned and wasting money when i can save to have it rebuilt

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by pk222 View Post
    I was thinking it was in the tune but it seams like its starting to slip in 1st to. Instead of just jumping to the stall like it used to do when I'm just rolling on the throttle it starts to grab then slips higher around 4000 but seams normal when i hit it.
    Well, this part of your description does concern me. Sure sounds like your describing a trans slip, which would most likely require a rebuild.

white

it almost seams like its trying to shift to second early then doesn't. When that happens its only when im rolling onto the gas slowly. It still spins the tires even from a 45 roll so I wasn't thinking it was slipping.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

2-3 rev limiter issues that were not present previously are typically a bad sign for a 4l60...

white

Its been like that since I got the car. I'm getting it tuned again saturday so Ill see if it helps.
    I took it to the track last night and ran .2 seconds faster so I don't think the trans is getting worse.

and im sure you know i did want a tune done by you but i couldn't afford to wait any longer and already paid for this tune with as many retunes as i need for free with in car testing and its kind of local
    Last edited by pk222; 10-27-2011 at 02:16 PM.

Mine used to bounce the limiter when I was down only .5 qrt fluid.

white

mines in the middle of the hatch marks but ill try adding more

white

I had the guy try to tune my car again and he said the line pressures really low. He said it should be around 80 psi under 3/4 throttle and I wasn't getting close to that until full throttle.
    He told me to have the filter changed and flush the trans because he thinks something is clogged or maybe a solenoid is on its way out. Hopefully it works

white

anybody have suggestions ?

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

there could be something wrong with the pump, the valve body, the Pressure Control solenoid, or the filter.
    did he actually hook a pressure gauge up to the trans? because normally you'll see pressures WAY over 80psi...like closer to 200psi under certain conditions.

white

He didn't hook up a pressure gauge. He did everything off of his laptop. I found a shop that sound like they really know what their talking about so I'm gonna take it there. I called about a filter change and flush then told him what it was doing and what i have done and he said he could diagnose it and has worked on cars done by my tuner.

Thread Information