Question I am having problems with tranny Help

This is a discussion on Question I am having problems with tranny Help within the Automatic Transmission forums, part of the Drivetrain category; 2004 GTO Pontiac Auto. Tranny will not shift fast and pops off revlimiter some times with a power adder it ...

Barbados Blue
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Question I am having problems with tranny Help

2004 GTO Pontiac Auto. Tranny will not shift fast and pops off revlimiter some times with a power adder it does it a lot. My 2000 Trans am with nitous did this but only when I had little traction while spraying 200 shot.
    Any ideas and It some times fill like its in second gear for about 10 feet when you first taking off from a light but that only happend like 3 times a month.

Barbados Blue
    2004 Pontiac GTO

And

Also when I use my diablo programmer and install a tune and set my shift points it Almost always shift at the same speed of 5800 no mater when I set the computer to with the programmer.

1BADLT1
    any paticular gear?

pewter
    2001 corvette coup

i had a custom tune put in my c5 with my Diablo after a cam and nitrous set up and had the same problem. every time I tried to shift at WOT it bumped the rev limiter. I tried to get it adjusted with the tuner but was never successful. Finally called the shop that did my tune. He went into my program and adjusted the WOT shift points and emailed to me. I guess you can't get to these paramaters in the diablo by yourself. Anyway after i install there downloaded tune it shifts great. pulls like a SOB and hits hard when WOT. Also mine would shift fine as well at part throttle shifts etc but did seem to shift a little early before they adjusted the tune. My .02

Barbados Blue
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Well is does it in the gears that have most tourque 1st and 2nd but i will call diablo and check and see i was thinking i might have a problem with the vaulebody on the tranny i know the trannys not slip cuase it does great on a dyno to 6 k i trying to fix problme cause i have sts stage 2 kit coming in the mail in 2 weeks and i want to have bug fixed before install.

Thread Information