Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Question for A4 owners

This is a discussion on Question for A4 owners within the Automatic Transmission forums, part of the Drivetrain category; is there a difference between the 4l60 and the 4l60E...

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

is there a difference between the 4l60 and the 4l60E

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I had to maually shift my 79 malibu and that was a 3 speed column. Wit ha built 350turbo trans with a shift kit, god that car jumped, i shifted into second at 65 an spun thie tires like crazy when it did.

Black
    99 SS

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    is there a difference between the 4l60 and the 4l60E

no i just left the E part off all it means is Electronic shift

Red
    2002 TA WS6

you have lost your mind

i agree with everything else except the first about them being bullet proof, i went through 6 of the shitty 4l60's and never beat on the car, and that was in a time period of 6,000 miles with a mild HP car, my chevelle had about the same amount of HP as my camaro did and i never once replaced or rebuilt the TH350.. sorry i just do not agree with that statement...one thing goes wrong with an auto its pretty much game over for the whole thing.
    My experience is with the beefy 727 Torqueflight. Just try tearing one of those up! You will rebuild the engine twice before the 727 starts to lose it's snap. Back in my Mopar days we always said GM products were weak, maybe there was some truth to it.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Is there any cheap ways to upgrade your transmssion to keep it from breaking on you, I dont know much about shift kits and the coolers, does it help at all?

Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Zboner View Post
    you have lost your mind

i agree with everything else except the first about them being bullet proof, i went through 6 of the shitty 4l60's and never beat on the car, and that was in a time period of 6,000 miles with a mild HP car, my chevelle had about the same amount of HP as my camaro did and i never once replaced or rebuilt the TH350.. sorry i just do not agree with that statement...one thing goes wrong with an auto its pretty much game over for the whole thing.
    I think I would have gotten the hint after the first tranny that it was time to swap for a M6.

black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

if your rolling at 60 and you know your about to race yea you can speed match it in 2nd if you have 2.73 rears your in a sweet spot anyway. i did that in my ta but i left it in drive any other time. at 60 your in od and when you drop the hammer it has to drop 2 gears i thought it was just as quick.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Vertibird54 View Post
    I think I would have gotten the hint after the first tranny that it was time to swap for a M6.
    warranty kept paying for zboner's other 5 trannys so he just kept on em.

Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    warranty kept paying for zboner's other 5 trannys so he just kept on em.
    I would probably still swap it tho. Hell, tell GM you want it swapped and to cover that under warranty.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

racing- I keep it in o/d
    fun- 1,2,3,4 lol

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

It always worked better for me letting the computer decide the shift points. 40 MPH punch with 2.73 gear = sweetspot. That is the only MPH i would roll race from because 40 would drop into 1st. 75-80+ is the other sweetspot for second with 2.73's It would go into 2nd until 100 MPH or a little over. Last few roll races when I started from a gear and shifted myself I lost when I just nailed it and let it drop I won.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

wow

no offense but i saw a bunch of stupid replys... you cannot outshift the computer... no matter what... perfect evertime... and as far as downshifting to second for more acc. the comp does it for you... ie. overdrive....o an btw... this topoic has been brought up plenty of times before.... do a correct search before asking a common question like this.. if you dont know how i suggest reading some stickies....just my .02 and many people said this... you want a manual get one... making people think you got a manual when you got an a4... RICER

SOM
    1998 Trans Am

did anyone say they want people to think they have an m6

Silver
    1998 Trans Am

Maybe he was talking about how I said I wanted a manual so bad. yeah I did down shift in the auto but in no way was I trying to make people think I had a manual. I could give a s**t what people think of me. just so you know. Oh, and i do have my M6 now.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

a4 m6

no somebody said something about putting it ino nuetral or something... put a stall on it... acts a lot like a man. can even rev to people without going to N

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    no offense but i saw a bunch of stupid replys... you cannot outshift the computer... no matter what... perfect evertime... and as far as downshifting to second for more acc. the comp does it for you... ie. overdrive....o an btw... this topoic has been brought up plenty of times before.... do a correct search before asking a common question like this.. if you dont know how i suggest reading some stickies....just my .02 and many people said this... you want a manual get one... making people think you got a manual when you got an a4... RICER

calm down newbie

Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by JesusFan View Post
    calm down newbie
    +1

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

what

just because i have low posts doesnt necessarily mean that im a noob dude.. you can open up an acc. and still know about cars before being a member here... and i usually dont post... i just read... o an do RESEARCH so i dont ask you professionals how to do something or where something is... or how to fix something that you were just asked in the post right below(like this one) it just gets annoying.. and you have to agree on that...

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

just because i have low posts doesnt necessarily mean that im a noob dude.. you can open up an acc. and still know about cars before being a member here... and i usually dont post... i just read... o an do RESEARCH so i dont ask you professionals how to do something or where something is... or how to fix something that you were just asked in the post right below(like this one) it just gets annoying.. and you have to agree on that...

most of the time its easier to make a new thread other than looking through many pages of posts and some people like to chat and get to know other members.......yes the same ole questions might get old but they are new to somebody

Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information