Problems with lockup

This is a discussion on Problems with lockup within the Automatic Transmission forums, part of the Drivetrain category; My transmission will lockup in both third and fourth when just cruising and everything is cold. When the motor warms ...

black
    1998 Z-28 Camaro

Problems with lockup

My transmission will lockup in both third and fourth when just cruising and everything is cold. When the motor warms up and I am still cruising, it will lock up but any kind of an attempt to accelerate causes the torque converter to unlock itself. When I come to a stop at a light or something and slowly accelerate, you can feel the torque converter lock and unlock several times before it either locks or doesn't. If I just step on it or accelerate faster then a grandma, then it will never lockup until I stop and let it cool. I have already had the transmission rebuilt once because it was doing the same thing and it started pissing fluid everywhere. I was told that the bushing walked forward and tore the front seal but I don't believe that was the problem because it started doing it again with only 4000 miles on the rebuild. Is there something that could cause this. Previous owner had the trans rebuilt twice in 10000 miles for the same reason. What gives?

tcc issue

have either the transgo hd2 shift kit installed or ask your transmissions shop about installing the sonax pwm repair kit in the valve body , there is also a way you can do it yourself quite easily without either of these and only dropping the pan , email me if you want info on that , in the mean time if you must drive car only drive in thrid gear ,
    megamax

black
    1998 Z-28 Camaro

Yes, please tell me how to fix it myself. I don't have the spare cash right now to send it in right now. mr2realsportscar@yahoo.com is my e-mail address
    Last edited by 98Z-28Camaro; 07-10-2006 at 03:56 AM. Reason: Added e-mail address

i will send that info this evening ,
    thanks megamax

Thread Information