Problem with TC

This is a discussion on Problem with TC within the Automatic Transmission forums, part of the Drivetrain category; Ok heres my dilema. I origanilly had a fuddle 4k stall 2.6 str and had to get rid of it ...

Black
    98 camaro

Problem with TC

Ok heres my dilema. I origanilly had a fuddle 4k stall 2.6 str and had to get rid of it long story. Anyways, I bought a tci 3k stall 2.2str and sent it to tci to have it restalled and str changed out on it to a 4k a 2.5str. Well, the problem I am having is I cant brake the tires loose trying to brake torque it. It comes up to 2500 and just sits there and wont break them free. This was with my dr's and swapped to my all seasons and still same thing. Also, at the track the best 60ft I could get was 2.1. This is pathetic casue with the old stall i would cut 1.6 all day long. The car would barely flash up and was almost like taking off on it own power and maybe stalling up to 2200. My mods are ms3, longtubes, trual duals, 4.10 gear, rebuilt tranny, hp tunners, and all bolt-ons. I tried riching it up and leaning it out and 60ft never changed. Top end changed but coming out of the whole the car is a complete slug. Now would this be a converter problem. Is my converter to tight and they didn't change the str on it. The tranny shifts on command and have no prob with lock up. Tranny doesnt slip what so ever and does nice crisp shifts. Any info ould be greatly appreciatted.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

So are you launching on cold tires? That could be your 60 ft problem due to wheel spin. Have you thought about getting a line lock?

Black
    98 camaro

There is absolutly 0% wheel spin.

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

have you done any data logging on your car? I dont know what in the stall converter would keep you from powerbraking your car. If it is only flash stall to about 2200 and footbraking to 2500 I would think that the stall speed may be wrong however if you had a lower stall speed then the tires SHOULD break loose earlier than normal and if the stall wasnt locking at all then you woul djust be free revving. I would do some data logging and see what you come up with. once you get moving does your car act like normal or is it still sluggish

Black
    98 camaro

Once you get past about 3k it pulls fine. I'm seriously stumped on this one. Lock up is fine when cruising. There is no vibration, no noise, no leaks. It almost acts if the converter is locked when taking off from a dead stop.

Red
    2000 WS6 M6

Brake torque tells you the stall setting, unless your engine is so gutless it can't rev up to the stall (which I seriously doubt). Sounds like the stall is set completely wrong.

I'm guessing you have a cam to go with this stall as well. Not being able to rev the cam to your planned stall will hurt your performance numbers as well.

Black
    98 camaro

I have a ms3 cam. Only time the car is gut less is off the line. After that it runs like a raped ape.

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

i am assuming you also have no SES light? You would think that it the stall was locking early though the car would still be able to powerbrake. give TCI a call and see what they say..

Thread Information