Results 1 to 9 of 9

poly trans mount

This is a discussion on poly trans mount within the Automatic Transmission forums, part of the Drivetrain category; where can I get one i just changed the damn thing a month with a stock replacement and that one ...

  1. #1
    Member jAgZ28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    LINY
    Age
    34
    Posts
    119

    bright red
    1993 z28 camaro

    poly trans mount

    where can I get one i just changed the damn thing a month with a stock replacement and that one already gave up so i think i want to do the polyurthane route

  2. #2
    Retired NOT tired SteveC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Poway, Ca
    Posts
    1,126

    SOM
    2001 Z28 (Sara)

    Get a "Prothane" mount, it is a better fit for our vehicles opposed to the "Energy Suspension", as stated above, Thunder Racing should have it.

    SteveC

  3. #3
    Yeah the stock one's are not very good. Thunder will have it in stock.

  4. #4
    Honda Hunter
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveC
    Get a "Prothane" mount, it is a better fit for our vehicles opposed to the "Energy Suspension", as stated above, Thunder Racing should have it.

    SteveC
    Besides the fit what makes one better than the other?

  5. #5
    Retired NOT tired SteveC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Poway, Ca
    Posts
    1,126

    SOM
    2001 Z28 (Sara)

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Honda Hunter
    Besides the fit what makes one better than the other?
    Just the fit to me, the energy suspension is more of a generic mount, where as the prothane is made to fit the GM vehicles.

    SteveC

  6. #6
    Story of My Life!! BIG D's SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Commerce Ga
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,995

    Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

    Hope that you have better luck than I did. I put mine in and it had the worse vibration you have ever seen. I pulled it out and went and bought a new GM mount and hadn't had any problems. Smooth as a cadillac.

  7. #7
    Retired NOT tired SteveC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Poway, Ca
    Posts
    1,126

    SOM
    2001 Z28 (Sara)

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by BIG D's SS
    Hope that you have better luck than I did. I put mine in and it had the worse vibration you have ever seen. I pulled it out and went and bought a new GM mount and hadn't had any problems. Smooth as a cadillac.
    I had a transmission shop replace the trans mount with a poly one when they did the TC install, I had them install a thin piece of soft rubber between the poly mount and the cross member, this eliminated most of the vibration.

    SteveC

  8. #8
    Story of My Life!! BIG D's SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Commerce Ga
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,995

    Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveC
    I had a transmission shop replace the trans mount with a poly one when they did the TC install, I had them install a thin piece of soft rubber between the poly mount and the cross member, this eliminated most of the vibration.

    SteveC
    I don't think that I will ever buy another one. They say the reason for vibs is that it is a little taller and gets the D/S out of alignment. Just one thing I 've heard. I know I had a bad experience with it and love my new GM mount.

  9. #9
    Retired NOT tired SteveC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Poway, Ca
    Posts
    1,126

    SOM
    2001 Z28 (Sara)

    Quote Originally Posted by BIG D's SS
    I don't think that I will ever buy another one. They say the reason for vibs is that it is a little taller and gets the D/S out of alignment. Just one thing I 've heard. I know I had a bad experience with it and love my new GM mount.
    I don't know, maybe I was lucky then, I DO have a vibration in the shift lever, however it is ever so slight, you can't hear anything, however you can feel it when your hand is on the lever. My exhaust sound inside the vehicle also got a little louder, I figure that is from the exhaust vibration going through the trans brace and the trans mount. I am using a quiet Dynomax Super Turbo muffler.

    SteveC

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Question: Poly trans/engine mount or stock?
    By 90ARAPAJ in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-19-2011, 09:50 AM
  2. Poly transmission mount
    By My00Z28 in forum Automatic Transmission
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-07-2011, 09:05 PM
  3. poly trans mount
    By 02WS6dream in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-28-2008, 12:18 AM
  4. poly trans. mount
    By meanz687 in forum Drivetrain
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-03-2008, 12:57 PM
  5. modify poly trans mount?
    By 02WS6dream in forum Drivetrain
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-04-2007, 09:36 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •