Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

performance mode switch?

This is a discussion on performance mode switch? within the Automatic Transmission forums, part of the Drivetrain category; My cousin has one on his 95 TRANS AM, so do you have to program it back into the computer ...

95 Z28 CAMARO

My cousin has one on his 95 TRANS AM, so do you have to program it back into the computer if you reprogram your computer.

Little Rock, Arkansas
    1966 Corvette Coupe

hmmm ok guys with t/a's... its a factory switch that isnt used on newer models that not a whole lot of ppl know about... that sounds like a damn sneaky nitrous switch to me... just find an older console with the switch in it and do a lil tweaking and bam... "performance mode" installed...

just a lil food for thought...

Shreveport, LA

Black on black.
    2001 WS6 M6 (stock)

My 95 Trans Am had one, it was located behind the shifter right beside the Traction Control button. Yes, it improved shift feel A LOT! Do all transmissions shift like it did in perform mode? If so, DAMN! I am feeling more like getting an auto than T56 car now if thats the case!

Cumming, GA

Metallic Red
    2002 Corvette Coupe

I have that on my car (Y Body) it is a big black button on the console and allows me to shut off "active handling" AND "traction control" or in "Competition Mode"
    just "traction control". If I didn't shut the traction control off I wouldn't be able to do a "burnout". The computer would kick in and stop the burnout. I have done
    that by mistake and it's VERY embarassing! So I installed a "Laptrak" unit which puts you automatically in "Competition Mode" when you start the car (you can then change to something else if you want), but it started acting up so I took it out.
    In GA waving from '02 C5 LS1, Z51, D1SC, 60lb injectors,RPM level 5-4L60E, 3:42, Yank 3600, QA1-12 ways, MTI long headers, high flow cats, Borlas, Wilwood, 603rwhp, 542rwtq.(DynoJet 248-C) 10.89@127.57 on street tires, Race Weight 3,640 lbs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information