Results 1 to 12 of 12

Performabuilt or finish line transmissions?

This is a discussion on Performabuilt or finish line transmissions? within the Automatic Transmission forums, part of the Drivetrain category; Alright so I'm going to be buying a new tranny for my 02 trans am very soon either from performabuilt ...

  1. #1
    Junior Member seth_12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    93

    NBM
    2002 pontiac Trans Am Ws6

    Exclamation Performabuilt or finish line transmissions?

    Alright so I'm going to be buying a new tranny for my 02 trans am very soon either from performabuilt or finish line transmissions, and i need some feedback on which company i should go with! Thanks.

  2. #2
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    21,567

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    I went with the Performabuilt Level II Pro Race transmission and love it. Installed it earlier this year and have dropped just about a half second at the track with the addition of a 3,200 stall converter. I drove to their facility and watched while they assembled and tested my transmission.

    Details and pics in this thread: PerformaBuilt Level II - Pro Race (Build Pics)

    Removal and installation in this thread: Transmission Removal - Part 1

  3. #3
    I would personally go with a flt or rpm.

  4. #4
    Member Young11b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    156

    White
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

    I also went with the Performabuilt Level II Pro Race transmission. I had it installed about a month ago and love it. I havent had it to the track yet due to a surgery but it made a huge diffrance. I definaltley recommend it

  5. #5
    Junior Member seth_12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    93

    NBM
    2002 pontiac Trans Am Ws6

    Thanks for all the input guys, so far it looks like that most likely I'll be going with performabuilt. There prices, warranty, and the fact they don't charge to ship their transmissions is amazing.

  6. #6
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    21,567

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    ^^ They also do not require a core. That was another selling point for me.

  7. #7
    Member Young11b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    156

    White
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    ^^ They also do not require a core. That was another selling point for me.
    I didnt want to take up anymore roon in my Dads garage so I gave it to a mechanic I knew... I regret it

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    CLASSIFIED
    Posts
    58

    NBM Z28
    2002

    I just recently installed a performabuilt stage 2 and a circle D 5C converter... The tranny feels better than my previous built tranny for some reason. I was looking at Pbuilt, FLT, and RPM. But the reason i went with Pbuilt is because everything they offered was a convenience. These guys dare you to break their trans, they offered free shipping, 1 year warranty, no core required.

    Not sure about you guys, but i dont have the down time or a truck to tow my car, take off my old trans, and tow my car back. Send it off, then receive it, and then tow my car again...

  9. #9
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    FLT please.
    Will eventually do the tranny in the TBSS.

  10. #10
    Junior Member seth_12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    93

    NBM
    2002 pontiac Trans Am Ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1 View Post
    I just recently installed a performabuilt stage 2 and a circle D 5C converter... The tranny feels better than my previous built tranny for some reason. I was looking at Pbuilt, FLT, and RPM. But the reason i went with Pbuilt is because everything they offered was a convenience. These guys dare you to break their trans, they offered free shipping, 1 year warranty, no core required.

    Not sure about you guys, but i dont have the down time or a truck to tow my car, take off my old trans, and tow my car back. Send it off, then receive it, and then tow my car again...

    I agree with you 100% i don't have time to take my car to the shop, take the old tranny out, pay to ship it to them, and i would have to tow it back to my house because it would be in the way if i left it at the shop. I talked to Frank at performabuilt, cool guy told him my setup and he recommended me on which tranny i should go with. Here is where performabuilt blows FLT away, you buy a tranny and a converter from them you will get a 2 year warranty and they dare to race the shit out of their transmission lol. Lets say something happened to your tranny after two years, for a whooping of $995 they would rebuild it and give you another two year warranty!! FLT only gives you a 6 month warranty. Performabuilt might not have as big of a name as FLT but atleast they stand behind their transmission and converters for two years. I HIGHLY recommend Performabuilt.

  11. #11
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    21,567

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    ^^ This.

  12. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    CLASSIFIED
    Posts
    58

    NBM Z28
    2002

    Quote Originally Posted by seth_12 View Post
    I agree with you 100% i don't have time to take my car to the shop, take the old tranny out, pay to ship it to them, and i would have to tow it back to my house because it would be in the way if i left it at the shop. I talked to Frank at performabuilt, cool guy told him my setup and he recommended me on which tranny i should go with. Here is where performabuilt blows FLT away, you buy a tranny and a converter from them you will get a 2 year warranty and they dare to race the shit out of their transmission lol. Lets say something happened to your tranny after two years, for a whooping of $995 they would rebuild it and give you another two year warranty!! FLT only gives you a 6 month warranty. Performabuilt might not have as big of a name as FLT but atleast they stand behind their transmission and converters for two years. I HIGHLY recommend Performabuilt.
    Yup!! You said it best man!! Plust it was also great to hear that PAJeff got to see them build and install his tranny and see the work they put in.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. A little information about PerformaBuilt Transmissions
    By performabuilt in forum Automatic Transmission
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 07-26-2013, 09:55 PM
  2. PerformaBuilt Transmissions
    By Flash00TA in forum Automatic Transmission
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-21-2011, 02:33 PM
  3. anybody have a finish line transmission
    By heath26 in forum Automatic Transmission
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-16-2010, 04:57 PM
  4. PerformaBuilt Transmissions Post Labor Day SALE!
    By performabuilt in forum Automatic Transmission
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-08-2009, 10:39 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •