1998 Corvette

passage speed with jolt

My transmission passes the speed of 1 into 2 with a strong jolt, but this problem is only in the passing of 1 into 2, other speeds engage with softness.

My C5 has only 11000 miles, then I do not think that the transmission is broken ?!

I drained the gear box, with Dexron III (Motul), the first 2 times where it passed from 1 into 2, perfect, and afterwards, that started again.

A weekend, I made Drag Races, when the oil of transmission is very hot (>194°F) speed passes with softness, but when it cooled, that started again.

Then I thought that oil was too old and was too thick, as one can not completely drained oil, I made the second draining, to still dilute with new oil.
    But like the 1st draining, the first 2 times where it passed from 1 into 2, perfect, and afterwards, that started again.

I as tried to put a little more oil that it's recommended, by filling the gearbox, with the car leaning. But once again, the first 2 times where it passed from 1 into 2, perfect, and afterwards, that started again.

We also tried to change the values of pressure with HP Tuner, but nothing made there, then we gave has the origin.

Can't I any more what make? Help me, PLEASE !!!

I hope that my thread is understandable, I use Systran, excuse me…..
    Last edited by The Frenchy; 06-17-2010 at 01:20 PM.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

You never want to overfill the trans it screws up the pump when it is to low or to far filled. It almost sounds you got a shift kit with that hard shift but it seems, although the mileage would make me doubt that. You have a tuner you can take it to and check the line pressure? Our cars can adjust the shift firmness by just upping the pressure. You may also check the ses light and scan it for codes there are some threads in here we can dig up to tell you what they mean.

1998 Corvette

Filling with the top of the level be just a test. Today the level is good.
    With HP Tuner, we tried to lower and increase the pressure, but that did not improve anything. We gave the adjustments of origin.
    I do not have any Code...

I do not understand this sentence:
    It almost sounds you got a shift kit with that hard shift but it seems
    Last edited by The Frenchy; 06-20-2010 at 03:59 AM.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

There are 2 ways to get a hard shift. You can change the shifts in the computer with HPTuners or you can remove the valve body from the transmission and install a shift kit. A shift kit usually involves changing springs and other things to allow more fliud flow and pressure.
    This may or may not be your problem.

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

You may have a shift kit as said above or you may be close to the end of the clutch packs life. When they get close to the end of thier life they can some times grab quicker and make it feel like a shift kit but that only last a very short time before they starts to slip. If it starts to slip then you will know. Did you chage the filter? a clogged filter can cause the pressures to be off and the trans to shift hard as well. Cold shifts are going to be stiffer than warm shifts due to the viscosity of the fluid at cooler temps.

White
    1998 Trans Am

My 98 TA has always shifted a little rough from 1st to 2nd never though twice about it. It did it from brand new bone stock.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Thread Information