blue
    97 LT1 trans am

Needing heavy duty transmission parts and also selling a 4l60e

Have a 4l60e I'm looking to sell, Just needing to know if 300 is to much to ask? I'm not sure if it works, it was out of a car that the motor was bad in.. And on my car, I'm having my transmission rebuilt and was looking to see if I can find some internal parts that will help save my tranny.. I have been told to find these parts: The Beast sunshell Ex wide band Reverse Input Drum, Racing Clutches, 3-4 alto something.. any of this sound familiar?
    Last edited by LS1 Trans am; 12-28-2006 at 08:59 AM.

blue
    97 LT1 trans am

Wanting to know if a 1-2 Super Servo would be something i should consider to have put into my transmission when this guy builds it.. he told me he would put any extra more racing parts in for free if I buy them.. Should I get this 1-2 Super Servo Which is

2-4 Super Servo

The 700R4 Super Servo helps deliver Super Positive 1-2 shifts, improved 2-3 shifts. 35% more apply surface area than the Corvette servo Quicker servo release on the 4-3 downshift. Positive 3-2 kick down. Adjustable pin tip included. This servo has 35% more holding power (fluid apply area) than the Corvette servo found on other brands. It'll give a firmer 1-2 and 2-3 shift.

Anyone know anything about these?

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by LS1 Trans am View Post
    Wanting to know if a 1-2 Super Servo would be something i should consider to have put into my transmission when this guy builds it.. he told me he would put any extra more racing parts in for free if I buy them.. Should I get this 1-2 Super Servo Which is

2-4 Super Servo

The 700R4 Super Servo helps deliver Super Positive 1-2 shifts, improved 2-3 shifts. 35% more apply surface area than the Corvette servo Quicker servo release on the 4-3 downshift. Positive 3-2 kick down. Adjustable pin tip included. This servo has 35% more holding power (fluid apply area) than the Corvette servo found on other brands. It'll give a firmer 1-2 and 2-3 shift.

Anyone know anything about these?
    There are oppinions about going with billet servos, there's a couple different types. I would say do it. As for parts check out ebay. New reverse drum with carbon wideband will be a little over $100. The servos will be between $60 and $80. A good rebuild kit that contains all high performance Alto Red Eagle clutches with steels and all gaskets and seals will run about $260-$280. I recommend all new solenoids too. You'll also want a heavy duty sprag with the double cage, another $50. I can send you links to all ebay austions that I have purchased if you'd like.

Thread Information