2000 Trans Am

Need urgent help!!!

Well here is the problem. I recently had the auto tran rebuilt on my trans am and now when i am at wide open throttle it bounces off the rev limiter like crazy!!!! Only in the higher gears. They installed a nine clutch pack and shift kit, would this have anything to do with it? Would a WOT dyno tune fix this problem. I had lot's of problems with the people that did it, had to take it back 4 or 5 times cause they couldn't get it right. And the transmission is still under warranty. I have heard that it may be line pressure but how in the hell is this fixed? Any one have this problem? And how did you fix it. I have also heard that our transmissions are electronically controlled?!? Any truth to that? Someone help please!!!
    2000 Arctic White trans am, ws6 hood, ws6 air box, slp lid, slp smooth bellows, slp loudmouth exhaust,shift kit, rebuilt trans, LS6 intake, 3.73 gears, Shaner S3 p/p throttle body, and a tune . SFC. C6 ZO6 rims 18" in back 17" in front. Drilled and slotted rotors.

blue
    2000ss

Quote Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
    Well here is the problem. I recently had the auto tran rebuilt on my trans am and now when i am at wide open throttle it bounces off the rev limiter like crazy!!!! Only in the higher gears. They installed a nine clutch pack and shift kit, would this have anything to do with it? Would a WOT dyno tune fix this problem. I had lot's of problems with the people that did it, had to take it back 4 or 5 times cause they couldn't get it right. And the transmission is still under warranty. I have heard that it may be line pressure but how in the hell is this fixed? Any one have this problem? And how did you fix it. I have also heard that our transmissions are electronically controlled?!? Any truth to that? Someone help please!!!
    The Trans is electronically controlled. I think I answered questions about this issue in another thread or forum .

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by performabuilt View Post
    The Trans is electronically controlled. I think I answered questions about this issue in another thread or forum .
    AND..................

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

The line pressure can be adjusted by tuning, although Its kinda the same thing as the shift kit. Did they use the old Tc? What are they telling you the problem is?
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by sunsetorangess View Post
    The line pressure can be adjusted by tuning, although Its kinda the same thing as the shift kit. Did they use the old Tc? What are they telling you the problem is?
    J
    No one has told me what the problem is. The problem was when I first got the car back the sylenoid was bad so the 9 clutch pak seized up again, then they had to do it again and replaced the sylonoid. Then after I told them it was doing it they said you need to get a tune to get it back to normal. So what should I tell the guy that does the tune or will he automatically adjust the line pressure?

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

You can let him know the issues you are having and he will have to adjust the line pressure, although if you ever decide to pull the shift kit out you will have to have it adjusted once again. Just curious, Which shift kit did you go with?
    J

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by sunsetorangess View Post
    You can let him know the issues you are having and he will have to adjust the line pressure, although if you ever decide to pull the shift kit out you will have to have it adjusted once again. Just curious, Which shift kit did you go with?
    J
    Not sure which one they installed, they just told me they needed to add one. Chrips second like a mofo (it's an automatic) i heard somewhere else there was a plug on the trans that may need to be adjusted any truth to that?

blue
    2000ss

First you need to determine if the shifts being comanded . this isdone with a scanner o tuner. Most any decent shop will have a scanner with data capabilites. Watch the data srean where it says actual gear and see if it make the command to third. This is not likley a trans but rather a car tuning electronics issue.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66969

in the other thread, you stated the car has never been tuned. so, i can't see it being a PCM error. unless a pin on the connector got bent out of place.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
    Not sure which one they installed, they just told me they needed to add one. Chrips second like a mofo (it's an automatic) i heard somewhere else there was a plug on the trans that may need to be adjusted any truth to that?
    2nd is a different part of the trans. 2nd and 4th are controlled by the band that wraps around the drum. the 3/4 clutch pack controls the 2-3 shift.

there is no plug on the trans to adjust.

www.eautocad.com

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28

dude i think you've got the same problem I have with mine. Does it hesitate to shift under wot, but when you let off a hair it shifts?

The cause of my problem is that I have too much horsepower for the stock 4l60e, its burned through the oem in and one rebuild in 30k miles. I'm not giving it another oem to chew up and spit out. I'm turning about 470 at the crank and about 362 at the wheels. It last dyno'd at 347 rwhp but that was w/o K&N filter and max energy tune. If your around my hp levels or higher, I'd say you need a stronger than OEM transmission, later you'll need a rear end as well.

Check out performance transmissions, I'm considering G-Men but thats only b/c I live 20 minutes away, and they're cheaper. $1800 installed, and my current stall converter cleaned and inspected. I think I may just go with another stall, but if this one is still good I'm going to keep it. As far as rear-ends, I like the FORD rear's and fuel injectors. makes me laugh but its built ford tough lol. Ford in a chevy is knuckin Futts.

Thread Information