White
    99Trans am

Need tranny advice

i just installed a 224/224 545in/545ex 114lsa cam and a eaton posi unit 3.73 what type of mods do i need to run my setup safely the only thing i have done to the trans is change the oil to royal purple but it works great and shifts awsome any help would be appriciated.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Tranny cooler and shift kit, and a 3500 stall would make your car a lot of fun to drive
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

White
    99Trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Tranny cooler and shift kit, and a 3500 stall would make your car a lot of fun to drive
    my trasmission has 120,000 miles on it do i wait till it blows our save up for transmisson rebuild i was thinking of getting the tci street fighter and transgo shift kit and a universal trans cooler

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

that is a tough call man. I would say even if your tranny has been serviced regularly it is probrably going to be in need of a rebuild in the near future if it has never had a cooler on it. Not all cars are the same though, you may end up getting a ton more miles out of it. You will just have to use your judgement on this one. Personally when I bought my car it had 93k miles and when I installed my wet kit and 12 bolt rear end I went ahead and sprung for a rebuild. You should be able to get it rebuilt and have a shift kit installed as well as get it beefed up a bit relatively cheap if you just price stuff out at different shops.

White
    99Trans am

Quote Originally Posted by juiced99ws6 View Post
    that is a tough call man. I would say even if your tranny has been serviced regularly it is probrably going to be in need of a rebuild in the near future if it has never had a cooler on it. Not all cars are the same though, you may end up getting a ton more miles out of it. You will just have to use your judgement on this one. Personally when I bought my car it had 93k miles and when I installed my wet kit and 12 bolt rear end I went ahead and sprung for a rebuild. You should be able to get it rebuilt and have a shift kit installed as well as get it beefed up a bit relatively cheap if you just price stuff out at different shops.
    the tranny feels awsome just a ittle slow out of the line i am getting 2.2 60ft and hitting the 1/4 mile at 110mph my car is screming for a stall just dont know to wait or f*** it....

Thread Information