Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32

manual valvebody

This is a discussion on manual valvebody within the Automatic Transmission forums, part of the Drivetrain category; Ya i put one in when i rebuilt the tranny and love it, it helps out when you roll race ...

  1. #21
    Member ledesma54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    365

    Red
    04 GTO

    Ya i put one in when i rebuilt the tranny and love it, it helps out when you roll race or your just out to have some fun.

  2. #22
    cutting and welding mark21742's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    mercersburg pa
    Posts
    6,443

    hugger orange
    2004

    Quote Originally Posted by ledesma54 View Post
    Ya i put one in when i rebuilt the tranny and love it, it helps out when you roll race or your just out to have some fun.
    did you go with the full manual shift? if so does your factory TCC still lockup the converter for you or did you need something else to lock it up?

  3. #23
    Member ledesma54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    365

    Red
    04 GTO

    Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    did you go with the full manual shift? if so does your factory TCC still lockup the converter for you or did you need something else to lock it up?
    Yes i went with the full manual shift, and yes it still locks up the converter but word of advise for some reason it likes to burn up your tcc solenoid ( i just had to replace mine after 20,000 miles in) so pick some extra ones up. You need a tune also.

  4. #24
    cutting and welding mark21742's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    mercersburg pa
    Posts
    6,443

    hugger orange
    2004

    Quote Originally Posted by ledesma54 View Post
    Yes i went with the full manual shift, and yes it still locks up the converter but word of advise for some reason it likes to burn up your tcc solenoid ( i just had to replace mine after 20,000 miles in) so pick some extra ones up. You need a tune also.
    I have hptuners so that's not a problem, I've been talking to frost in another post about how to retune it.
    how much do the TCC solinoids run price wise?

  5. #25
    Member ledesma54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    365

    Red
    04 GTO

    80 to 100 bucks i have a friend that owns a speed shop so i get them for little to no cost. Ya HP is how i tuned my car also with a little help and a bunch of research i finally got the tune down. But once you get it in your car your going to love it and love watching your gas gauge go down lol.

  6. #26
    cutting and welding mark21742's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    mercersburg pa
    Posts
    6,443

    hugger orange
    2004

    Quote Originally Posted by ledesma54 View Post
    80 to 100 bucks i have a friend that owns a speed shop so i get them for little to no cost. Ya HP is how i tuned my car also with a little help and a bunch of research i finally got the tune down. But once you get it in your car your going to love it and love watching your gas gauge go down lol.
    in hptuners what did you have to do to get your TCC to lockup at the right times?

  7. #27
    Member ledesma54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    365

    Red
    04 GTO

    My friend is the one that tuned it for me but there is a option were you can set the speed you want it to lock up. I have mine set to 50.

  8. #28
    cutting and welding mark21742's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    mercersburg pa
    Posts
    6,443

    hugger orange
    2004

    Quote Originally Posted by ledesma54 View Post
    My friend is the one that tuned it for me but there is a option were you can set the speed you want it to lock up. I have mine set to 50.
    cool thanks for the help and input!
    are you using your stock shifter or did you go aftermarket? I'm going to be modding a B&M mega shifter to fit mine

  9. #29
    LSX whore allbaugh_04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,895

    Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

    I used the stock shifter, just make sure you don't get an aftermarket on that is too tall and it will hit the front console.

  10. #30
    cutting and welding mark21742's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    mercersburg pa
    Posts
    6,443

    hugger orange
    2004

    Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    I used the stock shifter, just make sure you don't get an aftermarket on that is too tall and it will hit the front console.
    I'm using a shifter for the 82-92 F-body, it got a lower profile. I also think I have alot more room to play with that you F-body guys

  11. #31
    Member ledesma54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    365

    Red
    04 GTO

    Ya i kept the stocker to

  12. #32
    cutting and welding mark21742's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    mercersburg pa
    Posts
    6,443

    hugger orange
    2004

    if any brackets need to be fabbed up to get the mega shifter to work I already need to make two of each because one of my friends wants to put one in his 98TA lol I might just have to do a how to sticky with pics and diagrams

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Need t56 Manual
    By SMWS6TA in forum General Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-26-2014, 08:05 PM
  2. GTP is going manual
    By ls1camino in forum V6
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-24-2012, 06:30 PM
  3. Built 4l60E, manual valvebody, 10" cnv, B&M shifter
    By roadracetransam in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-27-2007, 09:33 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-09-2007, 11:12 AM
  5. ATF in Manual......
    By Tyler_LS1 in forum Manual Transmission
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-15-2006, 01:48 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •