Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Black
    BLK TA modded 12.2@113mph

Love the Yank :-)))))

Ok I finally got the 150 miles on her and put the converter through it's paces hahahahahaha no more dead spots and rpm is going up like a bat out of hell lol
    Ok I know you guys all told me and I didn't believe you but a SS3200 is actually low I should of went with an SS3600

The relocation brackets and lower control arm with SFC is a must it goes straight but on a dead stop it just spins through 1st and part of second hahaha
    Yes Orion it will take sand paper to remove the smile of my face!!!

Now to get the tuning properly done and I'll be very happy it's always a gear to high it feels like a car in 4th gear at 20 mph but hit the gas a little she shifts down ok The converter works great just tuning
    I think will be a pain to get it right but I have 2 PCM'S and I want more agressive tuning I just have to get a hold of Steve Williams at Frost would anyone pm me the # I lost it?

Thanks again everybody now more money for headers and gears !!!!!!!!!!!!

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    Ok I know you guys all told me and I didn't believe you but a SS3200 is actually low I should of went with an SS3600

Told you so...

Black

Hahhahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Thunder View Post
    Told you so...
    I wrote that one for you buddy lolollll When I'm wrong I have to give credit where credit is due!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

there are actually several different areas to tune for that stall that help with the feel and behavior of it. The problem is that everyone likes them to behave a little differently. I tinkered with mine forever before I finally found how I liked it. I ended up setting mine to not lock at all until 40+mph, which is basically highway speeds. I didn't like it locking at all around town. I also had to play with the shift points to get them where I wanted them. After it was tuned though it drives exactly how I like it now.

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

im planning on putting the 3200 in mine but why is the 3600 better like you two are referring to?

Black

Good question :-)

I just think that it could of flashed higher It's not as much as I tought the rpm is still not as high as I would of liked it

Orion do you mean that the feel is normal in town because my rpm at 40mph is like 1300rpm or less feels like it's in 4th gear and it should be in 2nd I would prefer to rev higher and be harder on gas and be there "pedal wise or poer wise"all the time than be a gear to high and I'd like a little firmer shift as well So I guess I'll drive around and write everything down and maybe try to get my shift points at higher rpm I have 2 PCM'S so that should help with the down time!!! the 48mph shake and rattle is anoying as well! I don't think it would be my 1st recommendation on modding but maybe after the headers cam and geras if you want more than stall but that's just me.......

If I can't get it to work right around town I'm pulling it out and selling it and I'll do headers gears and cam later :-( Full throttle is great but that's realistically not how we drive all the time!!!!!
    Last edited by Durango; 04-07-2011 at 09:00 AM.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

that shake and rattle you're talking about doesn't sound right to me.... does it just do it once like when the converter is locking up? I've heard of them chattering on lockup and that can be fixed with raising the line pressure. The "4th" gear feel you're talking about is the converter locked up I bet.....it did the exact same thing stock but just not to the extent it does with the aftermarket stall. That's a good thing. If you stab the throttle it should unlock immediately and go right to the powerband.
    Sounds like you need some miles on it to get used to it and getting tuned for it will make a huge difference it sounds like. Don't give up on it yet. Dollar for dollar there is no better mod than the stall. Once you get it how you like it you'll never want to have an un-stalled auto again. Be patient with it and it'll pay off in the end.

Black

I agree with you and thanks

Yep it's exactly what it is and talking to Dave he told me 48mph I bet and it is exactly that it's in lock up and the line pressure needs to be raised and the more and more I drive it the better it's getting or the more I'm getting use to it So yes I have to agree 100% with you I think the tune will help be the local tuner has no f....g clue what to do or how to program with a stall he is tuning with an HP tuner pro and buying credits doing basic tunes on the dyno with super chargers and cam gears headers etc....

He is taking a course on it next month but that doesn't help me so I have to talk to Steve at Frost

And yes when I jam tyhat to the floor it goes to power band right away and when I have the throttle at 1/4 or more she is perfect it's only at 2 peeds that it's in lock up and shatters
    Last edited by Durango; 04-07-2011 at 12:26 PM.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

has he already bought credits for your car and everything? In other words....have you already paid him to tune it and he doesn't know what to do? I can tell him how to tune the tranny by email.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Told ya so.....!!!

Black

Coool

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    has he already bought credits for your car and everything? In other words....have you already paid him to tune it and he doesn't know what to do? I can tell him how to tune the tranny by email.
    I vaven't paid him yet but I might take you up on that Wow thanks I'll keep you posted

Black

What????

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    Told ya so.....!!!
    What do you mean by that ????

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

I wrote that one for you buddy lolollll When I'm wrong I have to give credit where credit is due!
    You will still have fun with the SS3200!! Once you're use to it you will swear they should have come like that stock!! Now get those headers and gears. You will REALLY enjoy the car after all of that.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I'll send you my file to give him....it'll give him something to compare to at least. PM me your email address.

Black

Thanks again Orion

My email is tplmcl@gmail.com The more I drive it the better it gets it's really only between 45 and 50mph and as soon as I push the gas a little it unlocks and she's ggod Now I need to race my old car to see the difference tracks opens soon :-) It seemed to work better after it was broke in and I foot braked it and flashed it a few times now it's better

I'm not sure what all Orion has changed in his trans files, but when I installed my 3400 I loved it right off the bat. I didn't change a thing in the shift timing or part throttle shifting at all.

All I had to do was dummy down the engine misfire tables, because the loose converter tricked the computer into thinking there was a problem and set off misfire codes.
    I also firmed up the converter lockup tables so it didn't simply slide in. But I had that done already with the stock converter.
    That's all I did, and it's fine for me.

Black

I don't know what to tell you but..

The only thing it does is that it upshifts at 40mph into gear and the rpm is too low so it shatters like a manual car in 3rd gear when it should be in 2nd I'm starting to wonder If I shouldn't of gone with a Vig or a TCI

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Oh jesus, don't even start. Would you rather it slip like a fuddle and be a smoother ride?

Of course it's gonna shake a little doing 40mph at 12-1300rpms.

Your lock up clutch can be activated at different mphs with some simple tuning.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

The only thing it does is that it upshifts at 40mph into gear and the rpm is too low so it shatters like a manual car in 3rd gear when it should be in 2nd I'm starting to wonder If I shouldn't of gone with a Vig or a TCI
    I have never had that issue with my TCI. But I would say hold off for a tune. Now my TCI is a little loose at low rpms but hey it is a 4000.

That just sounds like converter clutch chatter. You can up the clutch engagement pressure in the tune, there is a table for it. When it's set,,,,it'll engage the clutch hard enough to the point where it feels like a shift kit hitting another gear. That's how I have mine set, and I've never had an issue with it.
    I don't have the table in front of me,,,but you set the whole table to 100/90 or something like that.
    I'm sure Orion knows what I'm talking about. He can probably post a picture of it. I just don't know how to post it up like he does

As far as the engagement speed, I left mine stock, which is 38 mph. I'm not running a camshaft so I can get away with it.
    If you are running a cam, that MPH would need to be bumped up until it's happy.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information