Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

Lost R,2,4 gears

Ok guys now I need some help because I am just not in the mood to think right now.
    I have had a lot of problems with this Monster preformance built 4l60e that I put in the car back in november. It is supposed to be built to handle 500 flywheel hp.
    The car is a 97 Z-28 with stock 3.23 gears and I currently have a deep pan and a B&M cooler running valvaline trans fluid on the car. Engine is stock LT1 with LT headers, EGR delete, SLP CAI, BBk 52mm TB, No cats, SLP loud mouth cat back
    Today I was pulling out on to a US19 and I got on it and it tried to shift to second gear and dropped back in to first. I was all over the rev limmiter and as soon as I got out of it it shifted to third gear and would not go into forth.
    I have now learned that I start in first gear from a stop and no matter how light I touch the gas it will wind 1st out to about 4k rpms and then shift to 3rd gear and it seems I have lockup in 3rd but no forth gear no matter how fast I go. I also don't have reverse. I only have 1st and 3rd.

This trans has given me trouble since day one but I have gone round and round with the builder and they keep saying it's my PCM or wire harness. It wasn't but the problems went away for a while. Keep in mind this is the 3rd different problem I have had now. It is still under warrenty but I need some ammo to go to the gun fight with them and see if I can get it replaced.
    The company is eatmyshift.com or as they call thier transmissions monster. Thanks guys

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Sounds like a broken sun shell to me.

white
    01 formula

stripped out the splines in the shell for sure.always go bad due to lack of thought on gm's part.or if they want it to handle that kind of power they need whats called a BEAST shell.hardened sungear splines that takea lot longer to strip
    Last edited by fieropope; 06-07-2009 at 10:13 AM.

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

k thanks guys That is the input everyone seems to be giving me so we will see how good this warrenty is. Now at least I have something to go at them with. It seems every time anything has happend they (monster) tells me oh it your computer. They build these things and don't put the beast in them expect them to hold for some reason and I don't understand it. I should not have let a bud talk me into this damn thing and bought a preformabuilt from the start. It has been a nightmare from the start.

Thread Information