Thread: leak

delinquent543

Unhappy leak

my car is leaking tranny fluid. what are the common causes of leaks in an auto transmission. the car doesnt shift any different (doesnt shift harder nor skip). maybe some vibration on the gas pedal when accelerating, but i dont see how that could be anything... also, the leak seems to be up front and no where near the tranny, but the fluid look likes dex (and i checked ALL the fluids and transmission seems to be the only one thats low..). im gonna go jack it up now and see if i can see anything under the car. agian, what could be wrong, a broken seal somewhere? what is most likley to be the problem? best and worse case scenario?

delinquent543
    update: yeah so incase anyone was wondering, the leak is not in the transmission, but rather the line carrying transmission fluid to the radiator. The leak comes from teh line infront of the k member, next to the pulley on the engine (there are 2 metal lines that run perpendicular to the front and back of the car. The leak is up near where the bettery and radiator fluid cap are. its not a small leak either, its actually really really big (but only when there is preassure in the line and the car is running).

Thread Information