Jet Power Shift???

This is a discussion on Jet Power Shift??? within the Automatic Transmission forums, part of the Drivetrain category; I was looking for shift kits the other day on jegs.com and saw a little box with some lights and ...

Black
    1998 Trans Am

Jet Power Shift???

I was looking for shift kits the other day on jegs.com and saw a little box with some lights and a knob. Its called a jet power shift and claims to wire into the transmission harness and has four levels of shift firmness, stock, stage one, stage two, and race. I cant find a reviews of this online and was wondering if anyone here has tried one. Would it be better to just purchase a B&M Transpak or is this just as good?

blue
    2000ss

Quote Originally Posted by T/A98 View Post
    I was looking for shift kits the other day on jegs.com and saw a little box with some lights and a knob. Its called a jet power shift and claims to wire into the transmission harness and has four levels of shift firmness, stock, stage one, stage two, and race. I cant find a reviews of this online and was wondering if anyone here has tried one. Would it be better to just purchase a B&M Transpak or is this just as good?
    Its just a form of a variable resistor to limit current to the EPC/PCS presure control solenoid and no its not as good as a shift kit .

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

Yea you can have that done in a tune on pcm. How much is it?

Black
    1998 Trans Am

Its like $130. I kinda thought it would be similar to what you can have done in a tune.

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

Its like $130. I kinda thought it would be similar to what you can have done in a tune.
    and at $130 bucks for it, might as well just do a tune for a tad bit more.

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

For that price you can buy an transgo shift kit for that trans. If you don't want to put it in buy it and have a trans shop install it.

white
    2000 Z28

transgo hd2 shift kit. that one sounds like it just plugs into the computer. the transgo kit changes a handful of parts to adjust the shift firmness as opposed to just raising the pressure lines. raising the pressure and changing the shift points is just about all you can do through the computer.

Black
    1998 Trans Am

I had looked at the transgo kit, but it looks like it has a little more than what could be installed in a few hours with the trans still in the car.

white
    2000 Z28

I had looked at the transgo kit, but it looks like it has a little more than what could be installed in a few hours with the trans still in the car.
    it is full of stuff but i see it as more of a piece of mind kind of thing especially compared to other stuff that is out there and their lack of parts. unless you are someone who knows what to do with auto trannies i personnaly wouldnt suggest doing the install yourself. ive met tranny guys that won't go near autos for performance.

Black
    1998 Trans Am

Yea, i figure i can do a standard shift kit myself. I work at a garage so i have access to lifts and professional help from people who have these in their race cars. But the transgo kit seems a little much for me to do. But i understand the "peace of mind" idea since it replaces alot of whats in the trans so you dont have to worry about breaking it once you put in a standard shiftkit

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

Yea most standard rebuild shop don't do them because they don't want the liability. Take your time to look around and go to the track and ask people who are running auto's where they had work done or where they bought it and you will find that the guys at the track have already put up with the frustration of finding someone reliable to do preformance mods. Hope ur not like me though!!! I can go to someone who is an ace on preformance transmissions and have the oddest failure anyone has ever seen. I have one in my car now that has to come out and be gone through and it's only 4 months old and it's behind a stock motor AND I have never run it at the track or even romped on it on the street lol. I have recently thought of just selling everything I have and just buying a new stock ss

Thread Information