Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    BLK TA modded 12.2@113mph

I was sold on YANK But saw reviews

I was sold on a Yank converter but I saw review of bearing failure and they seem to recommend Vigilante Now I'm freaking not sure again Is this just talk or is there any truth to this. What is one of the best converter out there ? The ss3200 Yank is my pick for $734 so should I use something different????

I'm tired of researching and I just want reliability I'm doing it right Flex plate by TCI ARP bolts and a goo converter

Thanks for your help!!!!!!!!!!!I'll should have all the parts and ready to take pics in a few weeks :-)

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

I am not sure since I have a m6, but from what I read alot of people pick vigilante and I see alot of talk about it on here!!

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

All I have ever had is Yank. Never had a failure of any kind. Top notch product/support.
    Who is "they"?

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

More complaints about tci. Yank, vigilante, Circle-D have always had strong reviews. Perhaps a link showing the nay sayers?

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Don't mind the old man posting... I don't have a Yank but know many that do. Only problem I have ever heard with them is customer service.. But the product itself is great.

Black

Just on line

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    All I have ever had is Yank. Never had a failure of any kind. Top notch product/support.
    Who is "they"?
    I don't want to name companies there was 3 of them on ls1tech google reviews on Yank you'll see it! I know you have been on here a long time and know your stuff. I just ordered a Yank SS3200 being shipped on Monday and then I started second guessing myself after reading those reviews ishhh
    Last edited by Durango; 02-18-2011 at 05:52 PM.

yellow
    2002 CETA T/A

Good call, Durango. Have a friend who has been abusing Yanks for 7 years. Installs them for friends, no probs ever. He's done some bad ass cars too.

Black

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by WS6ADDICT View Post
    Good call, Durango. Have a friend who has been abusing Yanks for 7 years. Installs them for friends, no probs ever. He's done some bad ass cars too.
    I've wanted a stall converter for 4 years but my TA had 111 000 miles and all orig. so last Nov I bought a newer one with 34 000 miles never been raced amazing shape so I just want to do it right and buy good stuff.I also ordered TCI Flex plate and ARP bolts I just can't wait to put everything togheter

Thanks for the confirmation! It really is the hardest part I ever bought!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Be careful what you read....especially if it's another company writing it. You'll also get internet folklore people that have never actually had or even seen one fail but read about one failing 2 years ago and still spread it as fact. Tech is also good about promoting or bashing companies based on who posts there.
    Another thing you'll notice is that the converter business is cut throat and it's not hard to find negative reviews on any of them.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I can find a kazillion "testimonials" for Royal Purple saying it is like sex in your sump. But wait....every single UOA comes back garbage. It is the internet.
    Myself and tons of folks coming out of Nelson Performance all run Yanks. 1100RWHP twin turbo Vettes, my GTO......all beat the crap out of them and Allen has never had one come back.

Black

Thanks guys

I think I'm going to stick to a Yank I couldn't find any bad reviews on PI Vigilante though but I always heard that the Yank was a good dd and track unit I dd a lot more than I go to the track so I wanted a converter that I could drive around town and not be disapointed with

Cheers

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Been happy with my Vigilante.
    Black 1999 Blown Convertible A4
    Forged 383 | ATI D-1SC
    NX MAF Kit | 222/226 .585 115
    AS Stage II 6.0L FI Heads
    Moser 9" | 3.70 | Wavetrac | 35 Spline | Vigilante 3600
    548.0 RWHP - 563.8 RWTQ - 10# - D1

666.0 RWHP - 734.2 RWTQ - 125 Shot - P1

Black 2009 Escalade Hybrid 4WD

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

You really cant go wrong with any brand name converter. Yank and vigilante are both very good converters the vig tends to be a little looser around town driving. Look into circle D and fti converters both are very reputable companys on tech and ive personally spoken with chris at circle d many times he is a great guy and they offer a much wider selection of converter choices than yank fti is also very similar to circle d give them a call and ask for greg. Fti and circle d are custom converter shops so you basically call them and tell them what you want the car to do and they will custom spec you a torque converter not just an off the shelf one like yank or vig

Black

Hum

Quote Originally Posted by redbird555 View Post
    You really cant go wrong with any brand name converter. Yank and vigilante are both very good converters the vig tends to be a little looser around town driving. Look into circle D and fti converters both are very reputable companys on tech and ive personally spoken with chris at circle d many times he is a great guy and they offer a much wider selection of converter choices than yank fti is also very similar to circle d give them a call and ask for greg. Fti and circle d are custom converter shops so you basically call them and tell them what you want the car to do and they will custom spec you a torque converter not just an off the shelf one like yank or vig
    I was told that the Yank and Vig was hand built custom as well I notice that the Circle D seem to be about 1/2 the price as the Yank unit is that right and I only want the car to be in the power band when I want it and I want a great daily driver as well I will compromise but I don't want to ruin my ride. I was told that the Yank feels like stock in town and work amazing when you need it but if Circle D is as good or better for 1/2 the price well sure !

Black
    Y2K Camero SS

last 8 years been happy with Yank ST 3500 and now running Yank SS 4000 both spect to my needs.
    ps: the upgrade is very enjoyable
    Johnny
    Y2K SS (SLP #239)
    Completly STOCK heads/bore/stroke/weight
    & NOTHING else ---is stock
    "NAW-NAW- just a Sunday goto meeting car, my best time is not in the 12's------- any more "
    ps: I am not soliticing work as I am retired
    >>>info on alignments
    http://www.jgruggles.com

silver
    1986 camaro

had a vig. 3200 and it gave me no proplems. Now i have a circle-d 4000 and it looked/seems to be a nice converter also.

SOM
    2001 Z28 (Sara)

I have a Y3000 Yank (older model) now for 10+ years with absolutly no problems whatsoever.

SteveC

Black

Thanks

Yank it is I can't see it being a problem I talked to the guy and he seemed to know what he's doing They build it as they go so I always read good things except this last post of maybe 5 or 6 guys having issues but I think it was bad bearings.

I am not made of money it took me 4 years to get the upgrades I wanted and I ran out of money lol I still have the panhard bar SFC Koni shocks adjustable and a few more suspension parts and then I might do 3:42 gears a mild cam and a full exhaust in that order That will take me quite a few years I just hope that the tranny,rear end and torque converter holds up :-) I take part donnation hahahaha I had a major accident so my disability doesn't pay well I need to watch what I do but this is my passion and I love my car I'm trying to do it right and be carefull on how I do it..

Cheers and thanks again guys My Yank will be a joy to drive I'm sure...

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    I bought a newer one with 34 000 miles never been raced
    I find this statement funny.

Black

Hahhaha

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    I find this statement funny.
    That will change very quickly The guy was very sick and it was a weekend gateway car so I found 1 of a kind yes lol Why I sure don't know but it will be raced but not abused I just bought it with original brakes even tires It seems

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information