Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I fucked up. Need Help!

This is a discussion on I fucked up. Need Help! within the Automatic Transmission forums, part of the Drivetrain category; Glad to see you got it out. What trans are you getting? definately good choice on stall speed you will ...

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

Glad to see you got it out. What trans are you getting? definately good choice on stall speed you will love it.

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Its being built by Transperformance, A shop only like 1.5 hours away from me in eastern maryland. Its their Stage 3 Trans, he says its good for almost 800. Do i believe him no but it should handle the abuse i give it. And for 1400 dollars it dont think its a bad deal. I just have to reuse my Bellhousing and tail section but he supplies new seals.

Specs
    Our Pro Street Type transmission is the best built performance transmission on the market today. These transmissions built to handle whatever you throw at them. We update and modifications to to all our units for the problems that the 4l60e encounters. We know you will not find a better performance transmission anywhere!
    Here are the details of our Pro Street (LEVEL 3) built Transmission, which will handle 795 HP.
    First, each transmission is disassembled and carefully inspected. The case and hard parts are then cleaned thoroughly and re-inspected for cracks, wear, or other damage before we begin. The case is cleaned and checked for damage then The seals and bushing in the case are then replaced We then replace the sun shell with a new heavy duty unit the beast, and is able to withstand the abuse from either the street or the strip.

We replace the 3-4 frictions set A set of 8 blue-plate clutches with full thickness steel for High Impact Durability and Super Hold on the 2-3 shift

GM 29 element sprag

assembly high energy forward frictions

Hardened input shaft assembly

5 pinion planets with grooved sun gears for improved lubrication.

A Thirteen vane pump

Deep pan

Transgo HD2 shift kit to allow manual control in lower gears along with our own modifications to assure MAX performance capabilities.

we use a wide band This band has approximately 20 percent more surface area for holding in both second and fourth gears. This stronger 2-4 band will hold the hp and torque

We also install the FAIRBANKS SUPER SERVO for maximum “apply pressure” in second gear, and the Sonax twin piston super servo for overdrive, providing an additional 40 percent holding ability in 4th gear.

Now the pump It is inspected and upgraded to provide maximum lube to the planetary sets. We install a 590 boost valve The vanes in the pump are carefully inspected for wear and replaced as needed, steel pump rings are installed. The pump bushing is replaced

The last section is the valve body inspect all bores and then all valve bodys are hydraulic and circuit tested

We also eliminate the partial lockup function GM engineered into the 4L60E transmission known for code 1870 which will lead to highline pressure no fourth gear and head cracking shifts at low throttle.
    eliminating converter shudder premature converter clutch failure

transperformance.net
    Should be here within next two weeks. Gives me time to get some other shit done. Motor mounts and tranny cooler are getting installed today.

Red
    2000 Trans Am

This Guy Is Bullshit! I Still Havent Gotten My Trans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

Compulsive F bomb dropper sgt0704's Avatar

silver
    1998 Z28

wow.. that's been a lot longer than two weeks..

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Yeah. He said it was shipped friday. UPS quotes 1 day to ship somethign that size from his place to mine. Even if the holiday fucked shit up it should have been here by wedensday. We have called multiple times and get the answering machine. he wont call back. If i dont get it by tommarow i might be taking a trip to fruitland maryland.... taking my buddies with me....

Red
    2000 Trans Am

well finnally got ahold of his ass. Apparently it didnt ship until wenedsday. And it was supsoe to be here today but i think fedex fucked up. Yeah he shipped fedex instead of UPS like he said he would. I did get a tracking number though. over 5 weeks of being down is getting on my nerves..

Red
    2000 Trans Am

got trans monday, installed it but broke oil pressure switch installing intake. Got new switch tuesday and got car running. Tach didnt work... Camshaft sensor voltage low. guess i will have to fix that now. I said fuck it and drove it anyways. It drives nice, got great power now with this stall.

Wouldnt buy another trans from transperformance......

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

I wouldn't put 800 hp near that trans. Hardened input shaft but no rienforced ring? Thats one of the major weak points! Sounds like the same guys I talked to over the phone. Thay the ones who sell the "raptor"?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information