Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Exclamation Help! Transmission issues

ok so I had my transmission rebuilt because I blew the planetary gears.....for the first 2 weeks it ran great power transfer was great shifting was nice and firm and solid......here what it is doing now.....

-the rear seal is leaking,
    -when i shift from P to R or D it sometimes clunks pretty loud, its a metal on metal clunk. does it more often then not.
    -2nd gear clunks into gear, its not a firm solid shift anymore, tends to not do it when i am moderatly on the gas but if I accel slowly it does it. It will also clunk into second if I coast from a stop sign etc into second and especailly does it if I am going up or down hill. Does it the worst when I am slowly accelerating going downhill. I can only describe the clunk as a harsh metal clunk, almost a grind but not quite, like the trans is stumbling over itself.
    -it doesnt engage immediately like it did b/f I had it rebuilt or like it did the first 2 weeks after the rebuild. If i am going say 35mph and a get on it hard it hesitates for a split second, makes a slight clunk(much quieter than the other clunks) and then takes off. doesnt do this at higher speeds.

I wanted to run this by you guys to get input before I take the car back to the shop on Monday. These guys have been really cool and real with me but honestly I am pissed off. After paying what I did, the thing should be perfect. I GREATLY appreciate your time and input.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

anyone??

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

I have the same issue right now. Waiting on a new tranny. Sounds like they missed something in the rebuild

blue
    2000ss

Quote Originally Posted by TransAm11973 View Post
    ok so I had my transmission rebuilt because I blew the planetary gears.....for the first 2 weeks it ran great power transfer was great shifting was nice and firm and solid......here what it is doing now.....

-the rear seal is leaking,
    -when i shift from P to R or D it sometimes clunks pretty loud, its a metal on metal clunk. does it more often then not.
    -2nd gear clunks into gear, its not a firm solid shift anymore, tends to not do it when i am moderatly on the gas but if I accel slowly it does it. It will also clunk into second if I coast from a stop sign etc into second and especailly does it if I am going up or down hill. Does it the worst when I am slowly accelerating going downhill. I can only describe the clunk as a harsh metal clunk, almost a grind but not quite, like the trans is stumbling over itself.
    -it doesnt engage immediately like it did b/f I had it rebuilt or like it did the first 2 weeks after the rebuild. If i am going say 35mph and a get on it hard it hesitates for a split second, makes a slight clunk(much quieter than the other clunks) and then takes off. doesnt do this at higher speeds.

I wanted to run this by you guys to get input before I take the car back to the shop on Monday. These guys have been really cool and real with me but honestly I am pissed off. After paying what I did, the thing should be perfect. I GREATLY appreciate your time and input.
    Whiile its possible ts a trans issue I would certainly look at the trans mount, engine mounts and torque arm

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

no the clunking is internal, i have upgraded all the mounts to poly myself

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

the problem is no doubt an internal problem, dont you have any experience with people with these same types of issues?

blue
    2000ss

with only a description and no first hand observation its difficult to make a determination of what it is your hearing, I do know that transmission rarely make clunking noises that you can hear externally as anything more than a hollow sounding clack through the aluminum case. Now you mght check your converter bolts an flex plate anything possible however
    FREE COOLER/SHIPING, NO CORE OR CHARGE,2YR WARRANTY, CUST TRACK VIDEOS click banner 4 website, CALL or text 570-578-5686 7 days a week 9 am till 10 pm.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2002 Firehawk

+1 for a cracked flywheel or loose bolt(s)

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

thats actually what i thought at first

Thread Information